Author Topic: Another Misinformed, Ignorant person...  (Read 12436 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Another Misinformed, Ignorant person...
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 09:46:24 PM »
 edteachzu, when you have searched for the "holy grail" as long as I did, and then found it; trust me, you can tell the difference in an instant!    ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:48:19 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline scaatylobo

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
LOL,guess y'all missed the point - none of us can teach him diddly squat = he knows it all already !!.

And he did say Taurus,not the worst choice for someone going in harms way - he could have chosen a sharp stick  ;D.

Offline eye_spy

• mcgrathinvestig ativeservices.c om
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 05:55:23 PM »
edteachzu, when you have searched for the "holy grail" as long as I did, and then found it; trust me, you can tell the difference in an instant!    ;)

I would accuse you of ripping me off if you hadn't written this first. ;D

Offline mecenas

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 12:07:15 AM »
I think you are judging him too harshly. This is a free country and his opinion is just that - his opinion -  and he is entitled to it whether you agree with it or not. Calling him names does not indicate recognition of the readers of this forum that a free speech is a basic constitutionally protected right.
It is such intolerance of other points of view if they do not rave and glorify the Rohrbaugh "pup" (that really makes me laugh) that turns a lot of people off. You will not find it on any other serious forum (Seecamp or Ruger or Kahr) and these guys all love their guns.
Elitist attitude does not make it a friendly place so if I was interested in buying a "pup", and read all these comments above - I would simply pass just for a principle of not being in such a bigoted company.
Just my humble opinion
Mecenas

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »
mecenas:

First of all, I missed your initial posts back in December 2009 and have not welcomed you to the Forum. Please allow me to do so now.

Second, this Forum has no connection to the Rohrbaugh company other than the admiration of its members for the company's products.

Third, I believe it is fair to assert that the members here generally value the First Amendment as much as they do the Second and do not contest the right of the person in question to express his opinions.

Fourth, however, the reaction around here to a gratuitous allegation that the R9 is a "POS" might be likened to the reaction inevitably to be expected from poking a sharp stick into an active hornet's nest.  ;)

[size=10][Edited typo.][/size]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:23:08 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »
mecenas.  I, too, missed your first post so also would like to welcome you to the Forum, even though fairly late.  

I can not add any better words than Richard S above and echo that in the highest way.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 10:22:58 AM »
mecenas,
  I did welcome you after your initial post and hope all is well with you as you near retirement and the move to Florida.
  I understand what you are saying but if you took what edteach2u posted about the R9 and changed it to be about a Seecamp, Ruger or Kahr and posted it on there forum, you would get the same reaction and comments from the members on each one.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mecenas

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 05:08:42 PM »
Perhaps you are all right. If this was posted on other forum like Seecamp, the reaction may have been similar. However, I am often a guest on the Seecamp forum - have two of those -one of the first ever made -  and I know Larry Seecamp who is the moderator. I can tell you that he would never respond to criticism, as unfair and unjustified as it may be, with such a vitriolic reaction
I also recall the entries in the Kahr forum (I had one for a while) and believe me, they were often bad but they did not personally attacked the writer. In short, if you know the value of Rohrbaugh and appreciate everything about it you do not need to criticize someone who perhaps had a streak of bad luck with his. Nothing is perfect.
Finally, thanks to all of you who welcome me to the forum, particularly those who have gone to trouble of looking up my first post and  to John who remembered that I will be moving to Florida - it is a good feeling to know that the forum members are doing their research.
Mecenas

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
mecenas:

Although this Seecamp has been requisitioned by my little wife as her own, your post prompts me to offer up this token as an indication of my bona fides:

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »
Just read edteach's comments on you tube and reread this thread and find the comments here to be downright charitable compared to his comments about Rohrbaugh owners.

Just my opinion.

Rick

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 06:03:29 PM »
I agree, Rick. This entire discussion is somewhat humorous and moot because his comments were made on a youtube clip and were not specific enough to warrant a serious response. This forum is certainly not elitist and we definitely don't drink the kool-aid here. There are hundreds of posts on this forum that have substantive, documented gripes regarding the R9 with our common interest of making an excellent product even better. Of course he is entitled to express his own opinion; it just doesn't seem to have much credibility, here or anywhere else.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:40:51 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 06:06:43 PM »
mecenas.  Several of us on the Rohrbaugh Forum like the Seecamps as well.  I recently acquired the Trifecta, the Seecamp .25, the .380 and already had the .32 plus have 2 more brand new .380's in the box.  

So the Trifecta is here, to support a good faith gesture.  Come back and talk at any time.  

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »

Yahoo!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 10:18:59 PM »
 :)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2010, 01:07:35 AM »
mecenas.  Several of us on the Rohrbaugh Forum like the Seecamps as well.  I recently acquired the Trifecta, the Seecamp .25, the .380 and already had the .32 plus have 2 more brand new .380's in the box.  

So the Trifecta is here, to support a good faith gesture.  Come back and talk at any time.  

Schweeeeeett!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE