Author Topic: Why Is The Rohrbaugh Still So Rare?    (Read 9356 times)

Offline orthoward

Re: Why Is The Rohrbaugh Still So Rare?  
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2010, 01:57:57 PM »
Sorry , but I was away and did not log on until today.  I am glad that Richard and Duane did dispel the misinformation about outsourcing. But, as an investor/owner, I will guarentee that all machining (quality control input etc )is done in house- frames slides barrel etc.  they are only sent out for processes that are not economical to do in house- ie. heat treat , finishes etc.  Small parts- springs, magazine screws et al are purchased from experts in their fields. Otherwise, the parts come BACK to the Deer Park for final fit finish assembly test package and shipping.

ANYTHING TO THE OPPOSITE IS NOT TRUE AND SHOULD NOT BE DISSEMINATED.
Any questions, please do not hesistate to contact me
Michael Ward

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2010, 03:27:23 PM »
Sorry , but I was away and did not log on until today.  I am glad that Richard and Duane did dispel the misinformation about outsourcing. But, as an investor/owner, I will guarentee that all machining (quality control input etc )is done in house- frames slides barrel etc.  they are only sent out for processes that are not economical to do in house- ie. heat treat , finishes etc.  Small parts- springs, magazine screws et al are purchased from experts in their fields. Otherwise, the parts come BACK to the Deer Park for final fit finish assembly test package and shipping.

ANYTHING TO THE OPPOSITE IS NOT TRUE AND SHOULD NOT BE DISSEMINATED.
Any questions, please do not hesistate to contact me
Michael Ward

Dr. Ward.  Your's and Duane's input has put this issue to rest.  Thanks.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2010, 04:06:34 PM »
I have no doubt the information provided by Duane and Michael is true and correct.
  The miscommunication to myself and CCW came from Maria.  It seems that in the future to eliminate this type of issue there needs to be a little more clarification or a different answer given when referring to were parts are made.

Thanks Duane and Michael for clearing this up.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rw324

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »
Last week when I was in the gun shop, I was (fondling) 2 r9s 1 2 tone 1 stealth, when a older man stood next to me and stated 'what is that" I explained what they were and he said he never heard of them. he then pulled a LCP from his shirt pocket and said this was the best weapon on the market today!!!! I was polite and said Thanks for the info,The guy behind the counter looked at him with disgust and ask me if it was ok to help that guy out 1st (get him out of store "pulling out gun in the manor he did". I said OK. that guy wanted extra mag for that gun. When left we both had a good laugh kinda scary knowing some people carry like that (no holster) also not much knolledge of weapons just how inexpensive they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for the rant !!! BTW I took BOTH

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2010, 06:15:08 PM »
If he would have said it was the best weapon on the market for under $300 it would have been a more accurate statement. ;D For a small, light, inexpensive 380 the LCP is hard to beat, but not in the same league as a Rohrbaugh.
  And congratulations on the pair of pups.

John
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 06:15:57 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2010, 06:42:53 PM »
rw.  Congrats on that 2nd R9.  Hard to resist the 2nd one.  I really don't know why; just works that way on some.  Enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln