Author Topic: When is it reliable?  (Read 4330 times)

Offline LostangelinTX

Re: When is it reliable?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »
Has anyone had the feed ramp polished by a gunsmith/ yourself?  This might make a difference in the "misfeed" of the second round when carry mag to capacity.  I know my Ed Brown behaved much better after I had her polished.  

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 10:56:18 AM »
And it really made a difference in my Kahr P380 also.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »
Has anyone had the feed ramp polished by a gunsmith/ yourself?  This might make a difference in the "misfeed" of the second round when carry mag to capacity.  I know my Ed Brown behaved much better after I had her polished.  

I polished the feed ramp on my pup and on all my other pistols.
  A word of caution, if you don't know anything about polishing do not attempt this with power tools or use sandpaper. It's possible to change the contour of the feed ramp and then it would be a trip to the factory for repairs or a barrel replacement. :'(

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 02:47:34 PM »
The key word here is "polish".

You do NOT want to remove any metal, unless burrs.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 02:50:30 PM »
.  I know my Ed Brown behaved much better after I had her polished.  

An Eddie Brown!!! ?

WOW !

Was it used ?

If new that just does not sound right at all.  Unless it was just one of those that slipped through the cracks.  But that is a  major deal for someone like his org.

Offline LostangelinTX

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 04:58:54 PM »

An Eddie Brown!!! ?

WOW !

Was it used ?

If new that just does not sound right at all.  Unless it was just one of those that slipped through the cracks.  But that is a  major deal for someone like his org.

Was new when I got her.  I had no issues with quality mags, but when I was at my brothers house and we went shooting, I just grabbed a couple of his mags.  Not sure what brand, but I was getting some fail to feed problems with them.  Polished the feed ramp with some real fine grit paper and problem went away.  Never had a problem since with any mags.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 02:56:24 PM »
Interesting

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 10:11:45 PM »

Was new when I got her.  I had no issues with quality mags, but when I was at my brothers house and we went shooting, I just grabbed a couple of his mags.  Not sure what brand, but I was getting some fail to feed problems with them.  Polished the feed ramp with some real fine grit paper and problem went away.  Never had a problem since with any mags.

I do like an Ed Brown!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln