Author Topic: HK P7  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Texas_Bob

• Sharpshooter
HK P7
« on: August 06, 2004, 08:12:33 PM »
 I've been sent a private message asking me about the P7 series of pistols. The "sender" was not familiar with them. Rather than go into a "very, very, very, long post," I'll ask anyone interested in learning more about the P7 to visit www.parkcitiestactical.com Look up the FAQ listing bot pro's and con's of the P7 series. There is also a "Cult of the P7" section and a photo album to see pictures members have downloaded. I hope this helps. I shoot the P7M13 in IDPA, and ccw the P7M8 with an R9s as a backup. A P7 is like "jazz", either you get it, or you don't. :)

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Re: HK P7
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 02:49:28 AM »
I highly recommend the forum mentioned above -- and becoming a member of the "Cult".

This was the result of the first magazine -- of the first range session -- with my P7 PSP.  

I was instantly hooked by the P7 bug.  So much that I very quickly purchased a NIB P7M13 to go with my PSP.

The PSP is still my first choice in a CCW.  By far, the P7s are the most consisently accurate centerfire pistols in my collection.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline Stook

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 09:58:32 PM »
I have to agree with Bob - you love it or just don't get it.  I bought a PSP early '80s (s/n 19xxx) NIB and has been probably my best ever purchase.  Had some years that I didn't get to shoot much, but it still ranks among my favorites.  Really no other gun like it.  Accurate, little muzzle flip, and well engineered.  I likewise just adopted a second one, a BMI piece, so it will become the range gun to save the first.  Check out the "Cult" and then get yourself a P7.

Offline WERA49

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 02:57:01 AM »
HK P7's are great pistols.  A friend let me shoot his.  It took a while, but I eventually bought a P7M8.  He also found a deal and told me about it.  The money that I had saved for a scope was used to buy the P7.

I'm glad that I bought it.  :)

BTW, this is his website.
http://www.hkp7.com/
Rob
WERA49
NRA Life Member
http://www.AR-50.com

Offline twostar

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 08:47:34 PM »
The P7 is a great gun.  The trigger is as good as my Wilson CQB and it's just as accurate.  My only concern is that the unusual cocking/trigger set up is good for someone just learning to shoot or a real, expert shooter.  The NJ State Police learned this the hard way when several of their "John Wayne" types shot themselves in the foot, literally.  

One of my first recommendations to people who want a gun but won't shoot much is, buy an action type you like and buy every additional gun with the same action.  To do otherwise is an invitation to a disaster, usually either having the gun go off prematurely or accidentally or, under severe stress not being able to make the damn thing function.  I guess that's the only good thing to be said for double action autos.

Don't yell at me!  I love my Rohrbaugh too, but there's nothing like a good SA auto trigger.
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 10:11:14 PM »
The P7 is great just for all the neat proof marks!!   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus