Author Topic: WTS: -- ELITES -- UPDATED  (Read 4732 times)

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
Re: WTS: -- ELITES -- UPDATED
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
As Maria (From Rohrbaugh) told me . all cosmetic. That was why I opted for a Stealth and not an elite. Being an Engineer I Lean towards form follows function. Figuring if I wished to get the other stuff done I could. Or one could just send the gun off to Robar and tell them to go at it :)

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Paindoctor

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »
Here it the production info: "The R9 STEALTH Elite has a Diamond Black DLC® coated slide with the sides sanded by hand to reveal the stainless silver color. The trigger and magazine release are glass-beaded to produce a satin look. The extractor is also hand-sanded like the sides of the slide, to further enhance the look of the gun."

As they said on Hawaii 5-0..."B O O K  'E M - DANO!"
You were right on with your verbatim clarification on the trigger issue, I remember reading months ago...thanks.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 10:30:50 PM by Paindoctor »
Paindoctor
"...and when you run (a legit pain clinic) nowadays...your Rohrbaugh is never far away..." - Thanks to Karl, Maria, and Jim of Hiddenholsters.net - 'The Very Best' in custom concealment

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 07:55:44 AM »
As they said on Hawaii 5-0..."B O O K  'E M - DANO!" You were right on with your verbatim clarification on the trigger issue, I remember reading months ago...thanks.
You are welcome.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »
Although the Elite is basically a Stealth with the flats of the Slide Polished along with a couple of other small parts being cleaned up and polished with no benefit to operation I do regret selling my Elite. It was an aesthically pleasing piece but I was leaving the country, I thought for one year to 18 months but unfortunately for health reasons I had to come home. They are still trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I hear my next test may be a bone marrow biopsy. Anyway, there was only so much room in my safety deposit box and I had to thin the load. Would I buy another, sure thing but not for the prices I have seen on GB or heard about otherwise. Its to bad. Maybe I will just send a Stealth off to Cogan, who knows.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 09:18:10 PM »
Phil.  Have you shot the Robar yet, or will it remain NIB?   Sorry to hear of your health problems.  Sure hope everything turns out fine.  
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:26:45 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln