Author Topic: WTB: Rohrbaugh R9S  (Read 6614 times)

Offline hkp7nut

WTB: Rohrbaugh R9S
« on: April 29, 2013, 05:09:15 PM »
Hello!  New to the forum as I didn't realize it existed but have been interested in Rohrbaugh's for some time now.

Just sold my Seecamp .32 as I kept having nightmares that the little .32 acp wasn't enough to stop a bad guy ( I'm serious!)

So, I'm looking to purchase a New or Used Rohrbaugh R9s.  I prefer the Stealth but am open to pretty much anything.

Feel free to contact me through the forum or at my information below.  Thanks!!

Drew
Cell ( call or text any time ) - 704 - eight-zero-eight-0111
or e-mail:  hkp7nut AT Gmail.com

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Re: WTB: Rohrbaugh R9S
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 07:26:34 PM »
Drew,

Welcome to the forum. Great group of folks here that can answer just about any of your questions.

Since you said you were open to anything you could consider this rare opportunity to start at the top of the Rohrbaugh food chain and buy Eric Rohrbaughs personal EDC Robar R9s. I don't own a Robar but it is arguably the best version for EDC although they are all great but these ones tend to swallow whatever you feed them.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=6862.0

Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »
I second those remarks. That "pup" is absolutely flawless as well having an extraordinarily high pedigree.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline hkp7nut

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
Thanks for the welcome and information!  The R9 you mentioned looks amazing I just can't put that kind of money into a pocket gun at this point.

I was about to "pull the trigger" on an R9 last week but hesitated and now kicking myself. 

To those willing to part with an R9, I have cash in hand and ready to move on the right deal.  THANKS!!!

Drew

Offline renrew

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 01:49:49 PM »
It seems a little strange to me that the Rohrbaughs are selling their personal carry R9's!  My guess is they are coming out with a new model R9 or the .45?

Otherwise what are they going to use for their EDC..

On a side note I love my new Tribute pup..

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
It seems a little strange to me that the Rohrbaughs are selling their personal carry R9's!  My guess is they are coming out with a new model R9 or the .45?

Otherwise what are they going to use for their EDC..

I would love to know what they carry as well.  I was offered Karl's Robar S/N:3001 about a year ago but could not afford it then so I am not sure if he still has it or if it sold. If he still has it that may be the gun he carries now - or like you said maybe there are some early .45s and they are both carrying those. I know Sandy really took its toll on them personally so they may just need some additional cash. Duane may know.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 02:02:47 PM »

The Tribute is a very handsome firearm. Congrats on the new pup
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline renrew

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 02:07:39 PM »
Thanks I have been very impressed with it.  It is my first pup and my favorite firearm even though I have more expensive ones.  I think I will most likely buy another one to send out to be hard chromed or NP3'd.

When the .45 comes out it will still be larger and heavier than the R9, so I don't see it hurting the market for the pup.  I took my pup over to my neighbors house the other day as he is a gun guy and he said he has never seen a gun machined as well as the pup.

Offline hkp7nut

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »
Hi everyone!  Ive been getting some very nice responses so far but haven't settles on 1 or the other yet.

QUESTION:  Is there any reason to buy a new Rohrbaugh over a Used one?  Have there been any changes made on the gun throughout the years?  Anything I should/shouldn't look out for or buy?

Any advise would be great!  Again, still on the hunt for the R9 and would like to purchase and make deal by the end of the week.  All my contact info is above and feel free to contact me any time!  I PROMISE I WON'T BITE!

P.s - if you want to know a little more about me, check out my website:  www.CocoMats.com

Drew T. Phythian

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 05:09:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum Drew and best of luck in your hunt for the finest pocket rocket in the world.

I enjoyed being educated on your Cocomats!   Very Nice!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 08:37:17 PM »
I have known Drew for a while as our paths cross in the gun and car world.
 I sure hope we can hook him up with a very clean R9 at a reasonable price.

Drew, some of the early R9s have a higher price as they are perhaps a bit more of a collector type of a stigma. I believe all the bugs have been worked out and like all the little pocket pistols, ammunition usually ends up being the culprit of any reliability inconsistencies.

Good luck in your search, I will certainly do anything I can to get you an R9.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 08:53:11 PM »
I guess the only thing worth adding as far as the new vs used debate goes is the warranty card. If you are buying used look for a warranty card that has not yet been filled out and sent in. If you can't find a used guy with the original warranty card you can buy lifetime warranty coverage for $150 if something goes wrong.

For what it is worth all 5 of my pups are used and only one (my EDC) came with a blank warranty card.

-Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 09:28:14 PM »

Having bought many used guns all have worked out well but one and it is now better than ever thanks to a new barrel and a superb gunsmith. It was a Colt Detective Special that looked new in the original box except it had a corroded barrel. Now, I never buy a gun that is not new without a bore light inspection. My gunsmith, who has seen it all, has convinced me to buy nothing but new guns. There are just too many unknowns. Collectible R9s are a different issue but if it is your first for EDC I would suggest the factory new route.

Offline hkp7nut

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »
Thanks again everyone for the great info! 

So I have an offer from a fellow forum member and was wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with him.  His Username is:  "Jayson"

No offense to him if he reads this, just that being new, I want to get some feedback if possible.  Any info would be great.  Thanks!!!

Regards,

Drew

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 12:06:48 PM »
Thanks again everyone for the great info! 

So I have an offer from a fellow forum member and was wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with him.  His Username is:  "Jayson"

No offense to him if he reads this, just that being new, I want to get some feedback if possible.  Any info would be great.  Thanks!!!

Regards,

Drew

My brother purchased a like new Elite from him and is very happy with it.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.