Author Topic: R9's in stock  (Read 5339 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: R9's in stock
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 08:24:02 AM »
Chief.  Have you ever tried Eezox?  Just wondered on the comparision between the two.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 08:29:25 AM »
 Nope, never tried it. I might pick some up today and give it a shot.  Hornady One shot is very good, it washes carbon away like it was just dirt. And I like to dry Lube feature. It comes in both toxic :) and non-toxic formulas...  Never tried the non toxic though.... (Guess I like the smell of all those braincells melting)  ;D
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
IRe: R9's in stock
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 08:37:28 AM »
I think you would like it.  The Eezox desolves carbon too and does it all; cleans, lubricates, and is a rust preventive and smells good.  It also is non-flammable.

The One Shot may do that as well, just don't know.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline littleguns

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 09:17:16 PM »
Chief
    I got the One Shot from Cabelas, think is was about 22 bucks including shipping for 2 cans. I didn't know they had a not toxic type? Question; with the "Gun Scruber" spray will it damage the Rohrbaugh plastic grips? I know they have a non damaging to plastic type but I already bought the other. I guess I like to bring it down to the bare metal every now and then.
R9,G19, P85, S&W36, P3AT, LCP, DE ME380, NNA22MAG, NNA22, MK3 22.

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »
Chief
    I got the One Shot from Cabelas, think is was about 22 bucks including shipping for 2 cans. I didn't know they had a not toxic type? Question; with the "Gun Scruber" spray will it damage the Rohrbaugh plastic grips? I know they have a non damaging to plastic type but I already bought the other. I guess I like to bring it down to the bare metal every now and then.

I usually use Midsouth shooter supply for hard to find componants and reloading parts.

www.midsouthshootersupply.com

They are really good people to deal with and are very fast.

The thing to remember about some cleaning solvents like one shot- If they are toxic they probably have a petroleum base. The plastic parts on your gun are also petroleum based and may not play well together with the one shot or other petroleum based solvents. One shot makes a non toxic version which is much gentler on the plastic parts, but the trade off is that it is not quite a good on the metal parts. There is always a trade off it seems.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"