Author Topic: Logging on  (Read 3532 times)

Offline michael_t

Logging on
« on: August 20, 2004, 02:43:43 AM »
I fairly new to computors so Iam not sure whats going on. I have several gun forums I go to every night. I always check the remember me block . Tonight Ive had to relog every were and a couple won't let me log on at all .What has happened? Some tell name or pass word not good others just say error. Took several tries to log on here.
1941 Colt USGI
1972 Colt Combat Commander
1995 Colt Combat Commander
1990 Colt Mustang
PPK/S
Bersa Thunder

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: Logging on
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 11:05:13 AM »
Welcome to the Board

That is a common problem with message boards,  here's what I do..
------------------------------------
~ As you log on,  make sure the is no space before your user name

~ Some are case sensitive

~ I keep a note book, or a folder to list my *log on info*

~ If log on efforts are rejected,  clear out the windows completely, where the user name goes, same for password.
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 11:28:35 AM »
Welcome Michael ...  :)

One other thing that from time to time can be necessary .. is to clear out cookies ... particularly the ones for forums ... and then carefully log in with care as RJ described.  That should then set up fresh cookies ... assuming you elected to receive them ..... and all should be good each time thereafter you go back in.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 10:50:23 PM »
Michael:

Delete your "cookies," as Chris advises.  You should do that every few days in any event.  

I am certainly no IT "wizard."  Many others on this Forum are such.  However, it sounds to me as if you might have a virus imbedded in your computer.  If you do not have one of the anti-virus programs loaded on your machine, you should consider doing so.  I use Norton, which costs about $50 to install.  You should also consider installing one of the anti-SpyWare programs, which are available for about $30.  

Ultimately, I defer to greater wisdom on this subject.

Good luck.  

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"