Author Topic: First day R9s stealth - report card  (Read 9295 times)

Offline Dino

• Master
Re: First day R9s stealth - report card
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 11:11:38 AM »
Thanks guys for the links, great viewing and reading.

Love the Kriss, how about a single action?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 07:35:58 AM »
Dino:

The Kriss is available in semi-automatic versions -- Super V 16" CRB/SO and and 5.5” SRB/SO .45 ACP Civilian Carbines. The MSRP is +/- $2,395.00. You can then spend almost that much more on accessories, such as carrying cases, spare magazines, etc. One interesting aspect of the design in addition to the revolutionary recoil reduction, however, is that it is compatible with the appropriate Glock pistol magazines.

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/media/2008_07_American_Rifleman.pdf

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/products/kriss-sbrso-45-acp/overviewcrbso.html

The Kriss Super V Vector SMG .45 ACP SKU is a submachine gun advertised for military and LE use only and is subject to all the legal restrictions and "paperwork" required for ownership of fully-automatic weapons.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:52:34 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »
Thaks Richard, I understand better now.  I got the R9s for Christmas last year, maybe the Kriss is a possibility this year!

I reload 45 ACP and have a few thousand at any ginven time, they are still real cheep to reload and shoot.  

My XD and 1911's eat them all day without failure, I like to think the Kriss will do well on the same diet.

Thanks for the links.

Offline accur8shot

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 11:46:26 AM »
Welcome and thanks for the photo, please do a range report on the Kriss also.

OK... finally got some range time with the KRISS.  

Bad news first - TDI sent me a memo stating that a number of the early KRISS weapons have an ejector issue and need to be taken in for a replacement fix.  Mine turned out to be one of the (un)lucky ones.  I had 6 FTEs in 100 rounds.

The good news is that the 'fun factor' on this weapon is off the charts.  Who doesn't have fun punching a target with a .45?  I love making a grapefruit-sized hole in the middle of a cardboard target after discharging a magazine.

The recoil is insanely low.  Aim your first shot carefully - then pull the trigger as rapidly as you want and you can keep all shots on body at 21 ft from a standing 2-hand grip.  When I did take the time to line up each shot, the groups were tiny.  (back in Basic Training, my DS called a good shot group 'hot chow'... because if you had to stay on the range a while to tighten your group, you'd be eating 'cold chow' later on).  This was extremely hot chow.

I also really like the charging hammer on the left side - ala H&K.  That means you can keep your business hand on the grip and trigger while you charge or clear the weapon with your left.  Forget S-P-O-R-T-S... just release your left hand and yank the charger back, clear the round and continue shooting.

It's also extremely simple to break down and clean.

When I get the ejector fixed, I will go back for a more tactical approach - folded stock shooting, one handed shooting, bipod, distance, etc.  Other than the ejector, the only 'negative' was that it attracted a little too much attention at the range.

Anyway, just wanted to throw some tidbits out there to you folks since a couple have asked - I don't want to clog the forum with non-Rohrbaugh blabber.

Walther PPS * S&W 642 * CZ75D PCR * Intratec Tec-9 * FN Herstal TPS Shotgun * FN SCAR 16S * S&W M&P15 * LWRC M6A2 * DPMS LR308 * TDI Kriss SBR * Rohrbaugh R9s Stealth * Safari Arms 1911 * Ruger MkIII

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 01:15:24 PM »
Thanks for the report on the KRISS; I think there may be a lot of interest here about that weapon.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 03:45:02 AM »
Accur8shot - thanks so much for the range report!

This is one "hot" one that I have been waiting to hear.

If you are worried about non Rohrbauh blabber, then go to the "Other Guns" section.   It will be most welcome there, I assure you!

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE