Author Topic: My 10mm toys  (Read 7524 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: My 10mm toys
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 05:44:08 PM »
Wow that's quite a beaut!

What does a ported Omega set a fella back?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: My 10mm toys
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 07:47:37 PM »
Wow that's quite a beaut!

What does a ported Omega set a fella back?

There-in lies the problem.  They are discontinued and parts are no longer available.  They came out with a lifetime warranty and I have heard of people getting replacement guns of some other type, but I cannot confirm that.  If you are going to use the pistol for marathon target sessions, the Glock probably would be a better choice for you.

If you like the 1911 platform as I do, these are a very good fit for the 10mm with its high pressures and high slide velocities.  It employs a linkless desigh and the barrel slide lockup is similar to what Sig and Glock use.  The Peters-Stahl sights are very good and much like what Bomar used to put out.

Here is a link to the Bren Ten Forum for some info.

http://www.bren-ten.com/website/id56.html

As far as price goes it varies.  This one was LNIB for $1000.  I have another NIB I paid $900 for.  They are available most of the time on GunBroker, but prices vary a lot.  All of them on GB right now are over priced in my opinion.

Good luck.