Author Topic: 625 Holster  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
625 Holster
« on: April 18, 2006, 05:28:01 PM »
I need to get a holster and some moonclip holders for IDPA/other game use -- I'm pretty sure I want Kydex -- the only one I found so far is either "straight cant" or FBI cant -- if someone could explain the benefits/differences between those two, I'd appreciate it -- I thought about having one made, but I really don't know enough to have it done.

Thank You,
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: 625 Holster
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 11:33:56 PM »
For game use, I like Blade-Tech.  I use a stright drop belt holster and their double moonclip carriers.  The Blade-Tech two moonclip carrier works better for me than the metal single clip alternatives.

Of course, another option for carryiing moonclips for competition is just to hang them off a "cartridge loop" western-style gun-belt...

Stright drop, where the gun is straight up and down in relation to the belt, is most common in competition holsters in my experience.  An FBI-cant means the butt is raked slightly forward and muzzle is, therefore, pointing slightly to the shooter's rear (as opposed to straight down).  Some prefer it for a speed draw, so the gun can be drawn in a forward motion and opposed to straight up.  I don't find it faster for me -- but its a matter of personal preference.

Forward cant is more useful, IMHO, in a concealed carry holster because it can help hide the butt of the gun a bit better.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: 625 Holster
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:55:23 PM »
I have never carried my 625 - so have not explored moonclip carrying methods.  I have tho successfully put two or three clips (metal) with one round into a cartridge loop.  The commercial deals that Dillon seels are IIRC spring steel deals and look quite effective.

The holster - I actually always favor some rake/cant.  For carry 10º - 15º depending on run - revo's for me sit better wioth good fwd cant.  For non CCW then I'd maybe have a 5º cant - carries more comfortably for me.

Any of the custom holster-makers could I am sure come up with a nice leather rig - tho kydex could well suffice - maybe even an adjustable paddle so you can set the cant.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.