Author Topic: Colt .380 Pocket Lite  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Craigt

• Sharpshooter
Colt .380 Pocket Lite
« on: August 06, 2005, 10:34:37 PM »
Would any of you fine and learned folks recommend a good source for recoil springs for a Colt .380 Pocket Lite.  The aftermarket spring currently installed does not have enough oomph to reliably return the slide and chamber the next round.

How about new magazines?  Standard 6 round and higher capacity if available.  A google search shows many sources.  I want only the best.

Thanks much.  Any help is most appreciated.

Craig T.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: Colt .380 Pocket Lite
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 10:13:26 AM »
Wolff Springs are the best, do a search. ::)
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 09:41:09 PM »
Craig:

As Newt says, Wolff springs are the way to go.  Here is your link:
 http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/ColtNF.html#MustangPony

You may have one of the old "Reduced Power" springs in your Pocket Lite.  They are no longer available.  The "Factory Standard" spring is rated at 11 pounds, or you can go with an "Extra Power" 12-pounder.  

In the days before the Guardians and the Rohrbaughs came along, I carried a Pocket Lite.  I still own a stainless-steel Mustang, which is equipped with an 11-pound Wolff recoil spring.   Compared to the 18-pound Wolff spring in my 1911, racking the 11-pounder is the proverbial "piece of cake."  (That's important, since I won't carry the Mustang -- which has no grip safety -- in Condition One.)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Craigt

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 11:04:32 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I just ordered two of the 12 lb springs.  The Pony is virtually the same size a the R9.  I would like to use the Pony in a training class and just want to keep it going for a while longer.

Anyone have any experience with 4mags-n-things.com?  The only source for larger capacity mags for the Pony that I have found.  Standard is 6,  and they also have 10 round mags.  They are "Blue", so I guess that means they are not stainless which is what I would prefer.

Thanks again for the help.

Craig T.

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 12:06:50 AM »
Craigt:

Here's another source for blue/stainless mags for the PocketLite:

http://www.fourfourmagstore.com/products.asp?dept=1015&pagenumber=2
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline Craigt

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 11:56:03 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I will give them a try.

Craig T.