Author Topic: Selling my R9S  (Read 3911 times)

Offline shelb

• Expert
Selling my R9S
« on: February 13, 2006, 10:51:38 PM »
Hey folks,
Haven't dropped in here in a long time...hope everyone is faring well.  I am afraid I have returned to sell my R9S.  As much as I hate to part with it, I need to liquidate some assests and generate some funds for a move across country.  So without further stalling, here's the skinny:

Its an early Farmingdale gun purchased in July 2004, it has the grey frame and blue carbon fiber grips, and two magazines.  I will also include a Graham Kentucky holster.

$875 shipped to your freindly neighborhood FFL

This has been a truely great gun.  In the spirit of fair disclosure, I did encounter a broken assy pin in 2004, but the brothers Rohrbaugh replaced it with one of a harder alloy.  The gun has functioned flawless since and has around 300 rounds total through it.  Feel free to contact me through this forum if you have any other questions.

Thanks Gentlemen!
-Shelby
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 09:40:56 AM by shelb »

Offline fridlo

Re: Selling my R9S
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 11:42:23 PM »
PM sent.

Fridlo
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 11:20:18 AM by fridlo »
Fridlo
East of Orlando

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 03:00:10 AM »
Wow, 51 minutes from post to reply!  I guess a Gray frame with blue CF grips are in demand!  It does sound pretty nice.  Congrats to seller and buyer!

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 07:46:35 PM »
shelb!!!!

I have "yelled" out for you several times on the board!! :o

Hope your sale goes' well for you..

I would be interested in any "prototype" takedown tools that you may have laying around!! ;) ;D

Would also be interested in your pup if I did not just buy a "same age" one..

Take care of yourself,and wish you well!!

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 11:24:04 PM »
Shelby - oh my - I thought you'd fallen off the edge of this lil' planet we call home LOL!  

Good to see you back tho sad you need to sell your pup.  I can understand why tho - moving is a pricey game.

Hope someone will buy that real quick and also enjoy it.

Even if you do sell - don't disappear altogether - drop by and say Hi now and again.  Good luck.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline shelb

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 11:18:30 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome back guys!

Chris
Between work and play I'm afraid I have neglected my internet presence altogether.  The forum has really grown, lots of great things going on here.  Your personal FAQ and range testing site has really grown as well and looks great!

Brenden
On the prototype, the hole for the assembly pin was misaligned slightly and another prototype needed to be made to really finalize the design.  I really would have loved to produce a run for everyone, but it turned out to be kinda pricey to have them produced.  Would have had to sold quite a few before the break even point.  It looks like Mr. Hedley has filled the void quite nicely though!

-
The little pup is sold, I am proud to announce.  A little sad, but it is going to a fine gentleman who I am certain will enjoy it.  Thanks Mark!

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 11:40:40 PM »
shelb,

I'm sorry that you sold your R9S, but please return here often.

Yes, we were all excited about getting your tool, but I understand about the economics of it.

The more we practice, the easier it gets.  It was initially very tough for some of us to get the thing back together, and we desperately needed a tool.

Best wishes,

Bill

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 12:44:13 AM »
Well - Shelby - that was speedy!!  Mixed feelings no doubt.

Good luck with moving etc and as said before - if later sometime you can swing by - please do.  You have some old friends here. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 06:02:51 PM »
shelb,

Wishing you the best in your move and all that you do!! ;D

Please do stop in and visit as you find time..

Take Care,

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe