Author Topic: ONLY ONE SHARP EDGE......  (Read 6045 times)

Offline jimacp

• Sharpshooter
ONLY ONE SHARP EDGE......
« on: August 14, 2004, 12:43:34 AM »
No doubt the R9 is "melted" and feels incredibly smooth and rounded...except for one place- the back of the slide, especially at the bottom....any reason that sharp corner can't be rounded off?

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
Re: ONLY ONE SHARP EDGE......
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 02:43:44 PM »
Jim, the R9 isn't exactly "melted" as in a radical melt, but in its stock form it is quite smooth. The straight lines on the slide which are CNC cut are actually very attractive, maybe you could even say artistic, and they don't feel sharp at all to the fingers, or present any sharp edges to a holster or pocket.

I had originally planned to melt mine, but the R9 is so well executed that after handling and shooting it, I'm not going to bother. I don't think it will gain me anything. Someone who absolutely had to have that "well-used bar of soap" feeling might feel differently.

I know you were referring particularly to the magazine. I don't feel anything particularly sharp on the magazine, at least not anything that I'm concerned about catching or impeeding smooth handling. I'm not always of the "don't fix it if it ain't broke" school of thought, lots of guns can use some help right out of the box, but this little pistol just looks and works so darned good as it is, I don't think I'm going to mess around with it at all until I see a really good reason to.     Regards,  .356" mouse.   ;D

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 09:05:27 PM »
.356.mouse ... hahaha! Did I start something!?  ;D ;D

I must say one of the first things I noticed was how free the pup is from any sharp or snaggy edges ... agreed, in relative terms the rear underside of slide is ''sharper'' as Jim comments but ..... the ''closed'' gun . as it sits in the pocket is for me .... ''snaggus minimalis''.

Oh and Mouse .. do feel free to go metric again!!!!!! :D :P
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 02:38:11 PM »
"Oh and Mouse .. do feel free to go metric again!!!!!! :D :P"

Thanks Chris!  ;D  For a while there I was afraid I might have to go through life getting funny looks when I order .356"
Gold Dots.   :D ;D  

Offline Ihue

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 12:30:28 PM »
Bottom of magazine has sharp corners. Have open sore on third finger (one next to pinky) after 80 rounds.