Author Topic:    HK P7 showed up  (Read 30258 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Re:     HK P7 showed up
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 11:24:55 AM »
   Reinz. I chose the satin black this time around. Bearcoat says this is closest to the original HK finish.    Gene
birdman

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 02:10:16 PM »
   Well, the new grips showed up in this morning's mail, and the P-7 left for Bearcoat at noon today with an ETA of 3pm tomorrow. Interesting note, they charge 25 dollars more to do a P7 than they do for other guns. I'm guessing that this is because of the squeeze cocker. That's just a guess tho, I didn't ask. Another adventure starts. I'll keep everyone posted.       Gene
I think they charge the $25 because they cannot remove the bbl. so they have to take time and block it out. ???
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 02:30:14 PM »
     Newt, that makes sense. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks        Gene
birdman

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »
     I just got an email from Bearcoat. They said that gun had been received, prepped, and they were getting ready to start the refinish. Those guys are faster than McDonalds! More to come.    Gene
birdman

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 06:45:07 PM »

Gene,
You deserved a break today and you got it. Congrats on your continuing success stories with Bearcoat.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 10:32:34 PM »
Gene,
You deserved a break today and you got it. Congrats on your continuing success stories with Bearcoat.
  Thanks, tracker, to yourself and all the other members who have helped so much! You guys have done the hard part. All I did was listen and follow suggestions. Thanks again to everyone!     Gene
birdman

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 08:57:51 AM »
Gene:

Here is another link to some HK P7 information to help pass the time until your "squeezer" gets back from Bearcoat -- although it would appear that the wait is not going to be very long.   8)

http://www.cybershooters.org/dgca/h&k_p7.htm
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 12:36:56 PM »
Birdman, I'll bet that satin black will look fantastic!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 12:54:49 PM »
Thanks for the good read Richard.    I hope and pray that we will never have to have a "Disabled firearms collectors association" here in our country.  

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »
Thanks for the good read Richard.    I hope and pray that we will never have to have a "Disabled firearms collectors association" here in our country.  

Aslong as there are Clintons and Bidens running the country it will always be a threat.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 02:21:50 PM »
Birdman, I'll bet that satin black will look fantastic!

Gene.  You have a winner in the color.  Reinz said it well.    :D

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 05:31:38 PM »
     I just finished re-reading that link that Richard forwarded. Good information, but I think that the title of that organization (Disabled firearms collectors association) is the saddest thing I've ever heard. God forbid that it happen here, but it could.     Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »
    I just got an email from Bearcoat. They said that gun had been received, prepped, and they were getting ready to start the refinish. Those guys are faster than McDonalds! More to come.    Gene

Gene.  This adventure is about to end.  I'm sure you have another one in mind.    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 06:11:17 PM »
      Just got an email from bearcoat. The P7 shipped friday and should arrive here tomorrow. I'm anxious to try the new grips from Pete at grips4u. I'll post some pictures when I get it all together. (I still wish Esmeralda made P7 grips.)     Gene
birdman

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 02:41:31 PM »
A big Amen to that!  :D

(about Esmerelda)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:42:31 PM by Reinz »