Author Topic: $$$Price$$$$  (Read 12519 times)

Offline jarich42

$$$Price$$$$
« on: June 12, 2005, 02:44:00 AM »
How much are the R9s's selling for now? How long is the wait?

Offline logical

• Expert
Re: $$$Price$$$$
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 02:49:09 AM »
$850-1000

I think wait varies because they are ramping up production and seem to ship in batches....but probably 4-8 months if you order.

There are dealers who stock them or order on speculation and many on here get lucky and find them right away.  Try Gunbroker.com (one listed but at $1000 start, $1250 buy it now....way too much for buy it now)  and GunsAmerica.com (a few long running listings by dealers who probably have orders coming but not actual stock)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 02:53:46 AM by logical »

Offline whoisjohngalt

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 09:01:48 AM »
That $850 to $1,000 price likely applies to dealer orders placed before the factory price increase of March 31st, 2005.

Orders placed after that date will probably be set at around the $990 range and up.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 11:47:35 AM »
I have a few guns left on an order coming about Aug/Sept. The orders shipping before this order are all sold. I'll take a deposit to secure one. This would be quicker than putting in an order for one at this time. If anyone is interested please PM me. Thanks!   Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline outlawyr

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 04:50:10 PM »
Update on price based on recent Gunbroker.com auctions.  (They are coming down)

I recently won an R9S auction for $955 from Elliots in Louisioanna - I will post report when I pick it up.  Pretty good service so far.  :)  Also:

The R9S that was listed to start at $1100 did not sell (twice - it was relisted immediately and didn't sell the second time either), as predicted.   ;D

One R9 that was listed to start at $950 also did not sell.

Another R9 that was started at $959 and ends in three days still has no bids.

The other R9S listed by Elliots in Louisianna is now at $965 and ends early tomorrow AM.

Based on this (and the auctions I watched for two weeks before), I would say that the market price for an R9S is now below $1,000 (in the mid-900s) and even less for an R9.  Keep in mind that for auctions you do have to add about $40 to $50 to the final price to account for shipping and dealer tansfer fees, but that is little different than paying sales tax at many on-site dealers (depending on your state).

At the very least, you shouldn't have to pay more than $950 or $960 for a NIB R9S anymore.

Good news for us buyers.   ;D

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 05:57:55 PM »
Update on price based on recent Gunbroker.com auctions.  (They are coming down)

I recently won an R9S auction for $955 from Elliots in Louisioanna - I will post report when I pick it up.  Pretty good service so far.  :)  Also:

The R9S that was listed to start at $1100 did not sell (twice - it was relisted immediately and didn't sell the second time either), as predicted.   ;D

One R9 that was listed to start at $950 also did not sell.

Another R9 that was started at $959 and ends in three days still has no bids.

The other R9S listed by Elliots in Louisianna is now at $965 and ends early tomorrow AM.

Based on this (and the auctions I watched for two weeks before), I would say that the market price for an R9S is now below $1,000 (in the mid-900s) and even less for an R9.  Keep in mind that for auctions you do have to add about $40 to $50 to the final price to account for shipping and dealer tansfer fees, but that is little different than paying sales tax at many on-site dealers (depending on your state).

At the very least, you shouldn't have to pay more than $950 or $960 for a NIB R9S anymore.

Good news for us buyers.   ;D

That is great for the guns that are in the pipeline previous to the Dealer price increase..
As they dry up I would assume the new level will take over..
Majority of dealers are NOT making a "killing" on these.And I think that most should, because most "future" R9 owners bug the heck out them!! ;D
Any News?,Any News? Is it here yet? ;)

IMO I do not see the price going down from the 950ish range-except on the "used" models that will sure to pop up periodically.. ::)

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline outlawyr

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 07:43:35 PM »
I think that if the "dealer price increase" were supported by market conditions, then the selling price for guns already in the "pipeline" would reflect that increase already, even if they were obtained by dealers before the price increase.  Price increases that are supported by demand tend to be incorporated into the price of substantially identical items in the same market very rapidly.

Gunbroker.com is very useful for testing this because it is an auction format and has lots of potential bidders.  Over the last few weeks, I have followed the auction of at least 6 Rohrbaugh pistols and the trends are clear.

To restate: unless the demand curve for the R9S shifts further to the right (and it could), the price for R9S will be around $950 - $960 (or lower) for the near furture, irrespective of the "dealer price increase."

Offline cobb

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 01:42:14 PM »
I just bought my second R9s from a dealer that has a couple in stock as of our phone conversation this morning.  My price was $889, and with shipping and FFL transfer fees, the total was $935.

I think this is about as good as you are going to get.
"Pain and discomfort are a great teacher." - cobb

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING - Mankato, MN. - DPS/BCA approved training organization.
NRA & UTAH certified instructor.
www.RiverValleyTraining.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 06:02:08 PM »
As good or even better Cobb - the ceiling will climb over time.

Darned if I remember, so many new folks - did I say Hi and welcome already?  If not - Hi and welcome :).
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline outlawyr

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 09:44:53 PM »
Quote me on it:  Pre-tax prices for Rohrbaughs will stabilize in the next few months below $950 and probably below $900.

I believe Cobb posted elsewhere that the dealer he bought from had more available at the price he paid.  If you could walk into that dealer and buy in-state, you could have it for $889 plus tax today.

Elliots on Gunbroker.com starts their auctions at $839.00 NR and it wouldn't surprise me if one of their auctions closes near or below $900 this summer.  I'll be watching for it.

It's good news for those of you who have been waiting to buy; less so for those of us who didn't.    Those of you who expect prices to stay at $950 or rise are mistaken, It think.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 10:06:05 PM »
I'll quote ya outlawyr - and see your hand and raise ya one Gold Dot! ;D 8)

You may very well be right - tho I am wondering how with the factory increase this can be, down the road.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline outlawyr

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 10:20:26 PM »
That's what I'm really worried about - that we'll all be shooting so much GDHP that it will go up in price!  Then where will we be.   :)

Anyhow, we'll see how the pricing shakes out, but the fact that actual purchase prices are now below what people thought was reasonable a month ago, even though the MSRP has increased, is reassuring.

And, if you're right that prices will rise for R9s in the future, then people should gobble them up now for resale later.  But that would be so 1999 Dot Com.  And I didn't buy that turkey the first time.   ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 11:47:44 PM »
The one area in which I do not consider cost to be a consideration is the safety of my wife and family.  In that regard, I want only "state of the art" in my weapons and ammunition.  With regard to pocket pistols, my choice is a Rohrbaugh 9mm.  With regard to the Rohrbaugh's ammunition, my choice is to have a Glaser Silver up the spout backed by six Remington 147 gr. Golden Sabers in the magazine.  

(God help the BG . . . and God save me from the paperwork.)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline loliver

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 06:21:26 PM »
In Florida, I bought mine at Weapons Unlimited for 850. They are the huge dealer that sets up at the Suncoast Gun shows all over the state. They have had at least one or two at the past few shows. I can't wait for the Hedley pocket holster to become available again.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 06:56:28 PM »
loliver - welcome :)

You did good - VERY good!!
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site