Author Topic: SigSauer - What's Going On?  (Read 13238 times)

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
Re: SigSauer - What's Going On?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 12:07:38 AM »
It looks like I may not get to the range to shoot the P226 for a least a week. :(
I will post a range report when I do. The trigger action -- which SIG hosed up, and then just returned to standard factory -- was incredibly improved by AP&W. As a result of these rather eye-opening experiences, should I ever need any work done on either SIG, I know where I'll send it, and a hint is: it's not in New Hampshire.
In a flurry of pistol-related expeditures which are most probably ill-advised at this time (but against the temptation I seem completely helpless), AP&W now has my Rohrbaugh R9s, to do a 'Corey' on it, if that is a verb.
I have a dear friend who has three pairs of expensive Oakley sunglasses. It is my full intention to always own more handguns than he has Oakleys, so some time in the not too distant future. it will be necessary to buy another, to keep the edge over him. At the risk of starting an overhwhelming firestorm of controversy over a subject likely never to be resolved:
if I were to go forth and seek a 1911, and be comfortable with one I could purchase as a factory model and not spend anything for a year (OK, maybe six months) on modifying, what might that be and why?
I will now duck and cover.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 01:01:41 AM »

Here we go.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 08:10:48 AM »
Everything considered, nothing shoots and feels better than a good 1911, new, old, or otherwise.

I really like mine, as well; and the R9.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 08:16:14 AM »
whkrog.  Go ahead and get the 1911.  You'll like it for sure.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »
Everything considered, nothing shoots and feels better than a good 1911, new, old, or otherwise.

Amen brother!

Once you try a good one, Gold Cup or even better; like a custom Wilson. Baer. Brown.etc. everthing else is just "ok".
You'll never be satisfied with anything else either.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »
I'm for the Ed Brown, of course!

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
Oh. man, you guys are messing me up. Now I suppose I'll have to go out and get a white Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder convertible, to carry my Ed Brown in its custom-made carrier in the trunk...

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »
Let's stick to guns!   ;D           ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 12:48:45 PM »
I hear you can get a Lambo with a special leather-lined compartment in the driver's side door molded specifically to fit an Ed Brown 1911.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 12:51:13 PM »
On that note, we can talk about it!    ;D

Offline IOM

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »
Not that I have anything against the Italians, but I'll stick with the greatest "American" Supercar to date  ;D

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:45:31 PM by ItsOnlyMoney »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 10:42:07 PM »

I saw one of those in an inspection bay with all of the lids raised: very impressive.

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 01:46:38 PM »
ItOnlyMoney, Thanks for the picture and gald you don't have anything against Italians as that Ford GT was designed by an Italian named Camilo Pardo who left Ford just last year after over 20 or so years of employment as a designer.  

Being Italian myself one of my best friends who lived in Italy for a few years always told me, "if you put ONE Italian to work in a room by himself he will come out with a Mona Lisa or a Lamborghini, but if you put more than one in that same room, they would break out the wine and cheese and nothing would ever get done!"  Life is good.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:25:25 PM by Dino »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 02:55:58 PM »

Touche', Dino. Now, about those BMWs of yours......

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 03:24:22 PM »
Tracker you must know it is very hard to find a car for sale made in Italy here in south west Virginia!  F150 country.

Heck I have a hard time finding a good pizza!