Author Topic: SigSauer - What's Going On?  (Read 13289 times)

Offline IOM

• Sharpshooter
Re: SigSauer - What's Going On?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 04:16:42 PM »
It appears as though my "Italians" comment may have been taken out of context.  I was simply referring to the Italian makes (Ferrari, Lamborghini), not the Italian people.  Having been to most of the Ford GT rallys, I've had the opportunity to meet Camilo Pardo.  Great guy and designer.  Now that Ford is turning things around and doing well, I hated to see someone of Camilo's talents leave.  Camilo did a wonderful job of taking an already great design from the '60's and creating the new Ford GT.  

By the way, Camilo was born in Manhattan, the first American of a Columbian family.  That's not really that important to me, but it might be to you.  I believe it's a little degrading to label Americans by their ethnic background.  If you're born in this country, then you're an American.  Just like the Rohrbaugh R9 is a great American made pistol, I value the fact that it's American made.  I don't need to know the ethnic background of where the Rohrbaugh brothers came from, they're Americans to me.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:18:10 PM by ItsOnlyMoney »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 04:31:26 PM »

I didn't have even the remote feeling that any offense was intended or taken.

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 04:48:36 PM »
Understand, nothing out of context just having fun. Really.

I am third generation, my gradfather fought in WW1 for the United States and was the most patriotic man I have ever known.  We as a family are very proud to be American born Italians.  

My partner told me Pardo was Italian as he met him when he was working for Ford of Europe in Italy.  I guess he assumed he was Italian with a name like Pardo and working in Italy.

Our bad.

Offline IOM

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 05:42:13 PM »
I'm glad my post was not taken as offensive because that was definetly not my intent.  

I think I've got this thread far enough off topic ;D

Sorry for any confusion. David

btw thanks to your grandfather for his service to the country.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 06:00:55 PM by ItsOnlyMoney »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 01:34:18 AM »
Excellent picture of the Ford GT.  I like it and it's fast!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 09:48:53 AM »
ItsOnlyMoney, Thank you, and thanks for the picture of the GT!

Is that one yours?

Offline IOM

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 10:29:13 AM »
Yes, I got it back in 2006.  That pic was taken a couple of years ago at the Hoover Dam.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:29:58 AM by ItsOnlyMoney »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 10:53:46 AM »
If anyone wants one like ItsOnlyMoney's, here's one available.  Excellent with low miles, 2383, same 2006 model.  Amazing car!

http://www.automobilemag.com/classifieds/14/2006/ford/gt/base/california/calabasas/230089229/113/images.html
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 11:15:52 AM »
Great car!  

One of my general managers has a long history with Ford and Ford Racing.  He just traded his 1966 Shelby 289 and a few $$$ for a GT.  

I asked him why and he told me he could not drive the Shelby without hurting the value but he had every intention of driving the GT!  

I hope to see it soon now that the weather is gitting nice.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 11:23:05 AM »
You should ask him if you can take it for a drive; 0-60 in 3.3 sec.    :)       :)

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 01:33:52 PM »
If anyone wants one like ItsOnlyMoney's, here's one available.  Excellent with low miles, 2383, same 2006 model.  Amazing car!

http://www.automobilemag.com/classifieds/14/2006/ford/gt/base/california/calabasas/230089229/113/images.html

Wholly smokes!...230K!...I thought those things were in the 150K range...

Last time I was in the cockpit of one of those was at a IMSA event back in early '90s at Sebring.
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 02:46:28 PM »
Yep!  Value going up.  Last one made was 9/21/06.  

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 05:54:10 PM »
OK, a reply to an old post...  
Although it shoots fine for a DAO pistol and I've never had any problems whatever with it, I am selling my SIG P250 compact, just because I need the money. (PS: I've also read and thought seriously about other posts on this forum, stating "I buy guns, I don't sell them"). But I also figure those posters are much more experienced than I am, and thus make better or more-appropriate-to-the-task choices.
So, I'll recover some money for the nice P250 and its accessories (a rail-mount Streamlight tactical flashlight and a LaserMax laser sight, 4 extra mags, Kydex holster, etc), and hopefully am putting the funds into good use:
an STI Trojan .45ACP '2011', to be modified  by Bob Cogan of APW - a terrific guy and a great resource of information based on many years of working on multiple manufacturers and builders of pistols. Work to be done:
brushed chrome plating/finish, trigger action work, installation of fiber optic sights, fitting the gun to my hand measurements, full disassembly, polishing, cleaning, lubrication and sighting in, etc.
I wind up with a great 1911 .45, and a pistol that fully qualifies for IPSC, USPSA, IDPA, & SSSA.
(Plus I've always wanted a 1911-type pistol....)

AND I'll keep the SIG P226 Bob also 'did' for me (including porting) which is the sweetest 9mm pistol I've ever shot.
Except for the fact that on Memorial day I went to the range with my sister (she's 65) and brother-in-law  and she out-shot me with my own pistol. 12 rounds within a 2 1/2" circle with the P226 from about 22 feet, two handed (she has arthritis and a wrist brace and can't shoot one-handed).
Damn.

PS; I'm "Bill' in addition to being 'whkrog'

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »
Bill:

Every man  needs at least one great 1911-type handgun in his lifetime. Good shooting!   8)

And come to think of it, this gives me another chance to post a photo of one of Bob Cogan's plating masterpieces done under subcontract from Clark's Custom Guns:

And the end the BG sees with the LaserMax pulsing:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:36:22 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010, 07:38:55 PM »
Richard S:
I think you are exactly right.
Even though this is a Rohrbaugh forum (and I carry that guy every day) I will post a range report and some photos here on the new 1911, just for those who check this section.
--Bill
And PS again: I can't tell you how much a help (and a new friend) Bob Cogan has been, both with the Rohrbaugh, the SIG P226 and the with the STI 1911.
http://www.apwcogan.com/
And his office manager, Jason Selva, is terrific also.