Author Topic: Custom Holsters and other holster questions  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Custom Holsters and other holster questions
« on: August 17, 2005, 11:01:35 AM »
I'd like to have an "insert" made for my briefcase, that would hold an SP101 and a few moonclips in position -- I currently put my 1911 and a couple clips in there, but I can just use velco to hold the 1911 holster and magazine pouch where I want it.
     Also, does anyone make a "purse holster"?  I'm thinking that a similar insert idea may be good for a purse, or at least something that's closed over the barrel, and has a good spot to be pushed off.

Thank You for any ideas
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Custom Holsters and other holster questions
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 10:26:13 PM »
It is good to see you posting again, Bill.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 11:41:05 PM »
Thanks Richard.

Things are quite busy at work, and I am in the process of trying to start an online program leading to a MS in electrical engineering.  Full time patent law + part time school should take up a huge amount of time for the next 3-4 years or so.

So, I am still checking here but have to be a lot more selective about when I decide I have something meaningful to contribute.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 11:49:48 PM »
Bill:

As one who worked his way through college and law school at night, your plan to take your education to yet another level makes my head throb just to contemplate the effort.  

Good luck, and God speed to you.  Keep in touch now and then.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 02:33:03 AM »
Thanks, looks like exactly what I'm looking for -- anyone ever dealt with them?
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 09:29:20 PM »
Richard,

Yes, it will be quite an effort, as I know your school was.  Knowing how much time law school took up, those who did it the way you did truly have my respect.  This is my first time doing both work + school this way, but I hope the ability to catch lectures online and at my convenience helps make things easier.

Aglifter,

I have dealt with them.  They are easy to work with.  I would spend some time talking with them about your exact, specific needs to ensure that what they give you is what you want.

Offline Gramps

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 11:53:55 AM »
You might try Robert Mika's holsters for in a purse. I purchased one of his pocket holsters and used a little velcro to make my wife a "purse holster" for a S&W 642. Ordered it on Saturday and received it on Thursday. They are not the quality of RJ Hedleys holsters, but it was inexpensive and works well.

Gramps
NRA Life Endowment Member