Author Topic: First range session with a new one  (Read 1217 times)

Offline logical

• Expert
First range session with a new one
« on: January 21, 2007, 10:31:59 PM »
I've had an R9s, serial number in the 700's for about a year and a half.  It was my 2nd R9 and I've since sold that first one.  I didn't carry much back then but do more and more lately....and more and more wanted a good pocket gun that wasn't as thick as my S&W 340PD.  I had a few minor issues with the first Rohrbaugh and really wanted this to be one I could start carrying with 100% confidence.  Even though the factory seems to be good about fixing issues...it is still a big hassle to ship a gun back and as irrational as I know it is...I am never comfortable with a gun that has had problems in the past.  I am somewhat of a Sig guy and whether you like or dislike Sigs, they do spoil you into thinking that guns pretty much can work right out of the box and pretty much every time you pull the trigger thereafter.  

I had a nice stock of 124 grain gold dots, 1000 rounds from the same lot in the ammo locker, and while I understand why some mix it up and even shoot FMJ, I decided with this one I'd feed it nothing but what i intended to carry and shoot it enough to feel it was broken in and than sparingly after that.

Anyhow, I put about 100 rounds through it this weekend.  The first two mags I just shot the 6 rounds and then 11 or so mags where I chambered a round and topped off the mag before shooting 7 round groups.  

Flawless, not a single feed, ignition or any other failure.  Another session or two and that box of RJ Hedley and Ron Graham leather will finally get to leave the house.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 10:35:33 PM by logical »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: First range session with a new one
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 10:55:32 PM »
Good on you, mate!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:32:59 AM »

logical:

Thanks for the good report.  Glad to hear it.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 01:06:49 PM »
Confidence is high, have R9 will travel! 8) ;)
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 01:39:39 PM »
Perfect!  Just what we like to hear.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE