Author Topic: Visit to the Factory  (Read 1245 times)

Offline geminidan

• Expert
Visit to the Factory
« on: June 20, 2009, 07:13:22 PM »
I am in Long Island at the moment, so thru a mutual friend of Carl Rohrbaugh's I went to see the factory and say hello to Karl and Eric. I saw some guns in production and got a chance to handle some R9's especially one coated with the Robar finish but this was a private gun. Well since I was no longer an owner of an R9 ( I sold my early Farmingdale gun with some problems a couple of years back) I had the chance to handle a few and see the advancements that were made as far as fit and finish and trigger actions, Well I guess you could say I was re-convinced on  how great these guns now really are, and guess what I am a proud owner again.. Was wondering about anyones imput on magazine extensions???? and what ammo is out there that is great, I am a mag safe ammo lover but I understand the pressures are not right for the gun!!! Anyhow my buddy had two sets of C/F Black grips and one set is on the way back home with me to Florida on Monday,, cannot wait to shoot this puppy again,,Anyone using Miltec to lubricate??? thanks Dan
GeminiDan

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Visit to the Factory
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
 Dan, congrats on getting an R9 and I envey you for having the chance to go to the plant and meet the big dog who brought us these wonderful pups.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:08:35 PM »
The ammo that is consensus preferred is Winchester Silver Tip and Speer Gold Dot. However, I am partial to 147 grain ammo and am convinced that this stuff (the larger grain bullet) is the answer to problems encountered by other, i.i., FTF FTE.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 11:46:08 PM »
I am in Long Island at the moment, so thru a mutual friend of Carl Rohrbaugh's I went to see the factory and say hello to Karl and Eric. I saw some guns in production and got a chance to handle some R9's especially one coated with the Robar finish but this was a private gun. Well since I was no longer an owner of an R9 ( I sold my early Farmingdale gun with some problems a couple of years back) I had the chance to handle a few and see the advancements that were made as far as fit and finish and trigger actions, Well I guess you could say I was re-convinced on  how great these guns now really are, and guess what I am a proud owner again.. Was wondering about anyones imput on magazine extensions???? and what ammo is out there that is great, I am a mag safe ammo lover but I understand the pressures are not right for the gun!!! Anyhow my buddy had two sets of C/F Black grips and one set is on the way back home with me to Florida on Monday,, cannot wait to shoot this puppy again,,Anyone using Miltec to lubricate??? thanks Dan

Congratulations on getting another R9!!  I do use Militec and it works great!! :)     :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln