Author Topic: Latest Range Session Report  (Read 1614 times)

Offline sslater

• Master
Latest Range Session Report
« on: December 08, 2005, 09:04:18 PM »
Today I fired five full magazines plus an additional round in the chamber each time.  I have three magazines, used them all, and had two hiccups with the second mag.  Otherwise everything fired perfectly.

Mag I: 7 GDHP 124 gr, 7 Winchester FMJ 115 gr - clean.
Mag II: 7 GDHP 124 gr - 2nd & 3rd rounds double fed - quick fix with a piece of wooden chop stick; 14 Win. FMJ 115 gr. - clean.
Mag III: 7 GDHP & 7 Win. FMJ 115 gr. - clean.

Round total is now 386.  I'm pretty satisfied as I've had other pistols with problem mags.  I now carry my spare mag in one of RJ Hedley's excellent mag carriers.  Keeps it clean and is sturdy enough to provide some protection from dings.

At home for cleaning, I stripped the #II mag and inspected the weld, compared spring length to original length and compared feed lip opening dimension to the other mags.  Nothing obvious.  I gave the lips a little tweak in the vise. Mag #II willl be held for practice and experimentation until I get it relaible or send it back to Rohrbaugh.

BTW:  Practice does make disassembly / assembly very uneventful and easy.  All I use is a brass "Stop Stick" and a punch.  8)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
.Re: Latest Range Session Report
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 09:20:04 PM »
Thanks for a great report

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Latest Range Session Report
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 10:25:13 AM »
slater, nice report, fair and balanced!! ::)
tracker, how are you doing?
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: Latest Range Session Report
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 11:10:46 AM »
Thanks, Steve.  Your report is much appreciated.

Thanks a million for getting me going using the abrasive tape.  It made all the difference in the world.  Your tape made it possible for me to keep the pistol.  Shooting the pistol is no sweat.

A girley man could do it.

Bill