Author Topic: what gun did your r9 replace  (Read 32392 times)

Joe_from_NY

Re: what gun did your r9 replace
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2011, 02:28:12 PM »
Yeah, but those gates and buzzers are to keep out people with criminal intentions. Well, maybe you are right and walking in the woods is the same thing.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »

Why would you have to post signs to keep people off of private property? it's not like you could confuse it for a public park.

It's something that has to be done.  If there are no signs, folks think they can hunt there; so, to protect yourself and the land, thus, the signs.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:42:34 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »
Fisherman are just as bad if not worse.

When I used to lease a fenced in 150 acre ranch with a 9 acre private lake on it, I had to chase off fisherman weekly.  They all seem to have this attitude, that just because there was lake there and even though they had to cross a barbed wire fence, they still had the right to fish there.   My house  was nearby, and they NEVER came by and asked for permission.

I just don't get it.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline eye_spy

• mcgrathinvestig ativeservices.c om
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2011, 09:59:14 PM »
My R9s replaced a Kel-tekPF9.  I have only owned high quality firearms, but decided the KT was an attractive size.  I had way to many issues with it to trust it.I searched for a "quality" piece in a "real" calibur.  the R-9 was introduced by my toy store owner when he said "if you have the money, this is what you seek".

I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP 2 which is extremely reliable despite the B.S. that a 3 inch 1911 cant be as reliable as a full size. Mine is and I own 3, 4 and several 5 inch models.  It is as good or better than the rest. (including a Les Baer)

Back to the PUP.  The r-9 is not plastic, not cheap,but well worth it.

When I started off, it was unreliable and I was not pleased.  I am happy to say that the patience paid off. I was told by Karl to use Silver tips, but mine hates them.  I tried 124 Gold Dot std. and it is fantastic.  It also loves Golden Sabers, but I prefer the GD's based on research.  To each his own.

I have approximately 650 rounds of Gold Dots with 0 failures, 75 Golden's with 0 failures and 100 rounds of various ammo that it didn't like with many failures.

Some say "why pay 1k plus for a finicky POS.  You simply
 can't find a better small and I mean small "real" calibur and "quality" made pistola.  Yes it only likes high end ammo.  So what??? it is not a target pistol.  It eats springs like an obease man at a buffet, so what???? if you value your life, comfort and can pay 1k plus for a serious tool, why piss and moan about a 5 dollar spring???  Who cares.

Some say for that money I can own 3X guns.  Yes you can, you can buy a Zip car too.  It isn't a Rolls Royce, but I guess if it works, enjoy!

You can buy 4 Kel teks for 1 Pup.  I find that I would carry atleast 3, because when my ass is on the line and one breaks, I have another and when it breaks, I have another.  I find value in doing something right the first time and the KT was a lapse in judgement.  Some of you have had good luck with KT, I wish you well and only time will tell.

I think the only competition for this is a J Frame or an LCR. I have Kars, LCP's an LCR, J frames, and the R-9 is in my pocket all of the time.  Sometimes it is a back up to my Kimber and sometimes it is all I have.

So this long winded answer is for those posts here and elswere that knock this over priced pos.  Oh, I am waiting for a stealth to sit in the safe.  I intend to have an extra so if by chance the company should be sold, or go out of business, I will have an extra...Just In Case.

Please all of you pup haters, dont buy this garbage gun, I  will take it off your hands.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2011, 02:38:16 AM »
All of my seven varius KT's worked flawless.
But they sit in the safe now, I trust my life to my R9 as well.
It's all about precision.  And it performs.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2011, 05:08:57 PM »
I could have written eye-spy's post almost word for word.  R9 replaced KT PF9 which I hated and distrusted.  I carry the Kimber CDP Ultra II when weather/clothing permit but w/R9 as backup; the R9 alone when Kimber too obvious, but with an extra mag and a Beretta Bobcat backup.

I too had feeding and FFfire problems until I went to Gold Dots and learned to clean/lubricate aggressively (Ed Brown gun oil on slide rails, etc.).  Spring is changed whenever it appears short or at 100 rounds.  Absolutely NO PROBLEMS since then.  Freehand accuracy at 7-10 yards is amazing.

I also agree about the Kimber...mine is as smooth and reliable as my 5" WCB/CQB and my 5" Ed Brown SP, with every bit as smooth and light a trigger pull.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
 I traded an ASP 9mm with original holsters (3) plus spare mag pouch for my Robar edition. It was the best trade I have ever made in my life. I could no longer focus on the "guttersnipe" sight on the ASP and never was that accurate with it. I sent a used S&W 39-2 to ASP in the early '80's for the conversion. I think all told it was about $675.00
 The R9 will never be sold or traded! Just carried almost everyday.
 Robar233