Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
HELP!
« on: December 01, 2004, 12:40:19 PM »
I am trying to get the R9s OK,d for sale in the" Peoples Republic of Maryland". Has anyone out there tried this? I am in contact with Eric and he will work on it after factory move. Just trying to find out if anyone has made a run at this before or if anyone is working on this that I can partner with. I am a NRA pistol instructor & Benefactor member and sure would like to own this handgun. Thanks.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Jim

• Expert
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 12:51:11 PM »
Hello Newt and welcome...  Thanks for fighting the "good fight"  Jim
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 10:49:21 PM »
What are the laws on purchasing face to face from an individual?  Are they any different?  

Is there a difference in what you can purchase and what you can possess?  

Are you able to pay an extra small fee for a special permit?

Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline Newt

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 07:38:27 AM »

For a handgun to be legal for sale in Maryland it must be approved by the Md. handgun board & be listed on the approved handgun roster. For this to happen the manufacter or a FFL must send a R9 to the Md. HG board for inspection and disscusion. The good news is the board has yet to turn down any pettion for approval so far. The next meeting is Feb. 16 and I am hoping to get Eric to send them a R9 or I will try to obtain one thru my FFL and send it up. Without approval, as a resident of Md. ,I cannot buy or own a R9. But the ridiculous thing is if I was a resident of another state and owned a R9 & moved to Md. then it would be OK for me to have it.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 08:10:59 AM »
Move & move back. ;D

Offline Newt

• Master
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 08:47:53 AM »
It crossed my mind. If you look at a map of Maryland you will see the Chesapeake Bay seperates the eastern shore of Md. from the mainland side. We here on the eastern shore are subject to the whims and are governed by Baltimore City And the very liberal counties surrounding Wash. DC which are full of liberal federal gov. employes. We are a mainly agriculural area wiyh alot of hunting & fishing.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 05:05:10 PM »
Why put up with that!!!!!! Come to the west were we are free! In Texas with a carry permit, one does not have to go thru NICS. Also we have no state income tax!   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline sharp

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 07:06:29 PM »
Why put up with that!!!!!! Come to the west were we are free! In Texas with a carry permit, one does not have to go thru NICS. Also we have no state income tax!   Tom
And here in beautiful Arizona open carry is legal; I see it quite often.  Any law abiding citizen may also obtain a CCW license.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
HELP!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 09:21:03 PM »
>>Hi Newt...

Forget having to move out West.  Just move to Virginia!!!  The past year Virginia actually became more gun friendly than it already was...and it was already pretty good (compared to Maryland.

In Maryland it is viewed as a privilage to own a handgun.  In Virginia it is considered a right...!

Meanwhile...if you are ever in the area, and would like to see and maybe try out an R9s - give me a holler...TW<<

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member &amp; Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2004, 11:47:28 AM »
Hi TW, where are you in VA.?

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2004, 04:25:53 PM »
Welcome Newt! :)

Hope the R9 gets to those who have to see it and it is passed etc - crazy situation ... and hope then you will aquire yours.  I got #1 back in May or so and #2 in October .... when I show one to folks at NRA courses they are fascinated - it always generates immense interest.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
HELP!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 06:08:31 PM »
>>Newt...

I live in Northern Virginia in the palisades overlooking the Potomac River...which is just over Key bridge connecting to Georgetown in Washington.  I actually do most of my shooting these days at an Izaak Walton League in Damascus, Maryland which is about 45 minutes from my house...far enough that I'm not there ALL the time, but not so bad that I don't make it there at least a couple times a month...!

I'm serious about having you come over to at least check out my R9...and if you can manage a day off for the adventure Monday-Thursday...you could twist my arm to go shooting...!  Maybe even meet in Damascus if that is easier for you.  Your call...TW<<

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 09:39:12 AM »
Newt,
I realize this string is old but I identify with you. I am from New jersey where governors and senators break laws and go free while the armed citizen is treated like a criminal. Before anyone asks, I live in NJ to support my elderly father, a WWII officer. When he is gone, I am out of NJ and I will not miss it one bit.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member &amp; Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 03:19:39 PM »
Hey PCA check out R9s orphan can't come home thread, I bought one and now trying to get Md. to approve. Good luck in NJ. I know they are bad to.