Author Topic: 2nd best????  (Read 13920 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: 2nd best????
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2011, 08:28:27 PM »
Bowhunter:

Welcome; your experience with the Kahr is like my own, referenced above. I got rid of it and never looked back, although I am sure that there are those who like Kahrs.

I am not having a warm feeling about receipt of the P290 I ordered as I am getting feedback from dealers and word of mouth that Sig overstated their ability to deliver following the Shot Show.

This is typical with a gun that is new to the market with great demand and little supply and I don't know what is real and what is rumor. Do I still want the P290? Sure, but my Robar R9S continues to be my (coveted) EDC gun.

Have you ever considered carrying a concealed bow?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2011, 08:52:23 PM »
I have a PM40 and a P380 I like both very much, they have been 100% from day one. The P380 is the best shooting small 380 I have ever shot.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bowhunter2001

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2011, 09:35:27 AM »
Bowhunter:

Welcome; your experience with the Kahr is like my own, referenced above. I got rid of it and never looked back, although I am sure that there are those who like Kahrs.

I am not having a warm feeling about receipt of the P290 I ordered as I am getting feedback from dealers and word of mouth that Sig overstated their ability to deliver following the Shot Show.

This is typical with a gun that is new to the market with great demand and little supply and I don't know what is real and what is rumor. Do I still want the P290? Sure, but my Robar R9S continues to be my (coveted) EDC gun.

Have you ever considered carrying a concealed bow?

I have some short axle bows, but none that short! What is the p290 you are talking about?
Do it with Bow and arrow!

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 06:05:45 PM »
What is an axle bow?

The P290 is the new Sig 9MM for concealed carry. Pictures are available on Sig's website and if you look at my earlier post on this string you will see where I enumerated the options and features of the P290 that I like.

It was announced in October and premiered at the 2011 Shot Show. It has a polymer frame and looks "Glocklike" at the business end as the dustcover is flush with the muzzle. The exposed hammer gives away the fact it is not a Glock.

Further, Sig has gotten beyond the polymer frame dilemma by offering grip inserts in polymer, metal and wood. All of this is theoretical as Sig is having difficulty filling demand. I think the gun is cute in an ugly sort of way, if that makes any sense.

Meanwhile, Kimber has come out with their sub-compact model called the Solo. Unlike Sig P290, some Kimber Solos  have hit the market (i.e. gunbroker) but are selling for premium prices due to demand.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »
"Short axle bow" this refers to the length of the compound bow, or the distance between the axels the cams ride on.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:17:17 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 01:48:20 PM »
John,

Thanks for bailing me out on my question. I don't have much experience and did not understand what was meant by 'axle bow'.

Offline MOLSON

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2011, 09:55:35 PM »
New guy here. Like most others, there is a reason I have gravitated to the R9S. I have only shot one at the range as a rental, but I really like the new  :o Ruger LC9 :o. Little but sparten and rugged. Goes blam each and every time. My R9 Replaced a Walther PPS, too Heavy and does not ever fit in a pocket. I bought a LCP to carry when the Walther is too big, but it is to low powered. Like most others, The reason to spend the $$$ for the R9 is that there is no other pistol that can meet the test that the gun the is too big, or the gun that is too small, but the R9 is Just right.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:01:48 PM by MOLSON »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2011, 09:15:29 AM »
* * *The reason to spend the $$$ for the R9 is that there is no other pistol that can meet the test that the gun the is too big, or the gun that is too small, but the R9 is Just right.

MOLSON:

That just about says it all!  8)  Welcome and congratulations!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »
That's pretty cool having an R9 as a rental at a range.
Good way to boost sales and exposure.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE