Author Topic: Article with 14 professionals carry choices. L@@k who made the cut  (Read 3259 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
 Check out this excerpt from this article from tactical-life.com

The article was a little hokey because a lot of the individuals who named their carry choices were obviously sponsored by those whom they named as their ccw of choice.

That being said, these 2 fellas in the excerpt out of 14 both carry the R9.

I thought that was an extremely good showing especially since it's no longer in production.

Then to compound the strength of the showing you have to think that of all pistols ever made the R9 didn't have that many made and still 2 of 14 pros who were chosen preferr the little guy.

I find that very compelling.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 10:26:03 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
Re: Article with 14 professionals carry choices. L@@k who made the cut
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 11:20:10 PM »
Nifty find...

Google Rohrbaugh R9, go to images, click on various R9 pics, use the link in the pic to go to website the image is hosted at and you can find a lot of neat info and articles on the pistol. A little backwoods maybe but you stumble on some neat/obscure threads, like the one you found. ;)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 08:52:35 PM »
I remember when Ron Barrett purchased our R9. I was honored as other famous firearms manufacturers also made the purchase of R9s. Gene DeSantis made our holsters almost from day one. I still have the very first prototype belt holster he made out of a scrap of leather he picked up off of the floor while someone in his factory was sweeping up the place. Great stories behind some of these prototypes you know. I took a few rides with Gene on our motorcycles, both riding BMWs. Gene was on his LT and I believe I was on my restored 1985 BMW K100 standard I rebuilt. Good times they were.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 08:47:25 PM »
I remember when Ron Barrett purchased our R9. I was honored as other famous firearms manufacturers also made the purchase of R9s. Gene DeSantis made our holsters almost from day one. I still have the very first prototype belt holster he made out of a scrap of leather he picked up off of the floor while someone in his factory was sweeping up the place. Great stories behind some of these prototypes you know. I took a few rides with Gene on our motorcycles, both riding BMWs. Gene was on his LT and I believe I was on my restored 1985 BMW K100 standard I rebuilt. Good times they were.

It's hard to imagine how many other backup pistols the R9 beat out to make its way into those 2 guys rotation. Sounds like they still carry them to this day. If a pistol goes in my pocket it's gonna be my R9 preferably. That trumps my solo, 938, seecamps, Kahr 380, colt mustang and 642.

I've tried about everything I could imagine as a viable option for pocket carry and now that mine are 100% I feel that there is nothing I could prefer for that application. Such a small piece, controllable for the 7 yard or closer conflict and classy to boot!

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 05:39:19 PM »
Thank You Josh.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.