Author Topic: Kahr CM 9  (Read 2966 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Kahr CM 9
« on: August 11, 2019, 09:18:01 AM »
I went to a small local gun show yesterday & came across something that caught my eye. It was a Kahr Cm 9 ( 9mm ). Never fired & in real nice shape. I have been wanting to pick up an inexpensive small 9mm for my bike rides. I shot a CM 9 years ago & was amazed at the lack of recoil for such a small gun. So I bought it for $175.00! Any thoughts about it?

Caliber: 9mm
Capacity: 6+1
Operation: Trigger cocking DAO; lock breech; "Browning - type" recoil lug; passive striker block; no magazine disconnect
Barrel: 3.0", conventional rifling; 1 - 10 right-hand twist
Length O/A: 5.42"
Height: 4.0"
Slide Width: .90"
Weight: Pistol 14 ounces, Magazine 1.9 ounces
Grips: Textured polymer
Sights: Drift adjustable, white bar-dot combat sights
Finish: Black polymer frame, matte stainless steel slide
Magazine: 1 - 6 rd flush floorplate
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 09:20:46 AM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Kahr CM 9
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »

When I could not find a Rohrbaugh for sale back in 2009 I picked up a PM9 instead.  It was and still is a great gun. The CM9 is just a cheaper version.  MIM parts, cheaper barrel, and one less magazine.

I had a large quantity of partial boxes of 9mm handloads left over from accuracy testing I did on a S&W 952 and I used them up through the PM9 with out a single failure.

My only comments on it is the square top of slide shape makes it a little difficult to pocket carry and I shoot my Kimber Solo better. 

Otherwise, no complaints.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 11:09:09 AM »
I know two friends who carry that gun (I know one for sure, the other may carry a similar model that looks close to it.)  Both bought them years ago and still rely on them.

For $175 I think you got a great deal.  In that price range I generally refer folks to the SCCY CPX-1 which you can usually find for around $200 NIB.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 07:03:53 PM »
Sounds like a great deal to me.  Enjoy it!
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Thicker

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 05:56:43 PM »
That is a good deal Norm, no matter where you look...