Author Topic: R9 vs G43  (Read 4314 times)

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
R9 vs G43
« on: January 05, 2016, 10:58:57 PM »
 Hi everybody
I went out to the range this week a couple times, did a lot of shooting with my Glock 26, I very comfortable with this pistol and find 6"-8" steel targets a breeze at 50+ feet. A friend recently picked up a Glock 43 and while at the range let me give it a good shakedown...I was stunned at how much this gun did not like/fit my style of shooting, the steel plates that I can ring with ease and speed with my Glock 26 were laughing at 80 percent of my shots with the Glock43..Over to the paper range and the targets revealed 6" or more to the left and 8"low @ 25ft..wow! Now I know that everyone will say how much I was anticipating and or pulling the shots, but after a decade shooting Glocks of all sizes and calibers I cannot recall ever having this much POI POA shift at 25 ft. So outa the pocket comes the R9... At a rather quick rate I dumped a mag into about a 5" circle in forehead of the target perp, put in another mag and got a second 5" group @ 25ft..124 gr Gold Dots..It was one of those moments that really reinforced my feelings for the Rohrbaugh design..Grip angle and a sweet DAO trigger gets the nod.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: R9 vs G43
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 07:19:33 AM »
Bruce with Pocket Guns and Gear has had a similar problem with his G43.

With the rear sight slid as far to the right without hanging out of the dovetail, he still can't get on target.

So far Glock has been no help.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Re: R9 vs G43
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 04:59:03 PM »
I had a chance to fire the Beretta Pico last weekend.  My 5-shot group at 15 feet was about 7 inches and I was shooting low and to the left. I didn't have too little finger on the trigger, wasn't breaking my wrist down, my head wasn't drooping and I wasn't "slapping" the trigger. It just took a lot to pull that trigger. Another shooter fired 7 shots, had an 6-shot group that measured 8" and one that missed the paper, 3 of the shots were low left, 1 shot was way left, one shot was straight under the bullseye by about 4 inches - and this is at 15 feet.

When something like that happens you sort of start questioning yourself, so I shot some of my other guns and did fine.  I put together a 3" shot group with my R9 and felt I could say with confidence the Pico has problems - its not me or its not just me shooting tiny handguns.