Author Topic: DOUBLETAP  (Read 80457 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: DOUBLETAP
« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2013, 11:07:44 AM »
Bruce  -  Did your thumb come out of it OK?

I have had a full sized 1911 do two in a row twice after a botched trigger job.  No damage to property, but I am glsd it stopped after two.

Offline mz368

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2013, 11:17:03 AM »
Years ago I stood behind a friend firing a Combat Cmdr when it went full auto on the second round of a magazine loaded with five rounds - you could have covered those four cases with your hand.  Very high cyclic rate!

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2013, 01:52:18 PM »
I would be glad that I didn't need stitches but I would worry that I'd done damage to the tendons in my hand.

It kind of reinforces what I've been thinking anyway, the best backup for an R9 is another R9.
(Although I have to admit I'm starting to get interested in the Kel-Tec P-32 :) )

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
Bruce  -  Did your thumb come out of it OK?

I have had a full sized 1911 do two in a row twice after a botched trigger job.  No damage to property, but I am glsd it stopped after two.

Thanks for asking Bob. 

Swelling down quite a bit.  Just a big knot at the base of my thumb.  I'm sure the joint is still inflamed and will eventually shrink down to normal.  I shot 4 standard pressure rounds from my G17 today as part of a terminal test and I did ok.  Will continue to tote a double stack until the old thumb gets back to normal.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2020, 05:00:07 PM »
Counterzero you ever score a pitbull 9mm.  I picked one up today. Been looking pretty hard the past few months. 

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #230 on: October 18, 2020, 08:25:02 PM »
Counterzero you ever score a pitbull 9mm.  I picked one up today. Been looking pretty hard the past few months.

I think you are the one who scored today tattoo.  (I've seen pictures of it.)