Author Topic: BOX OF R9'S  (Read 11724 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
BOX OF R9'S
« on: May 14, 2012, 08:58:18 PM »
This is a box of R9's of a former member of the Forum who so kindly passed just the box, not any R9's, on to me; now I've got one more R9 to go to fill it; working on completing that task.     

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: BOX OF R9'S
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:27:58 PM »
Good luck filling that fine looking Kennel!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 09:31:48 PM »
Thanks!  Got one iron to work out.  Has to do with the crest in the grips.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 09:44:31 PM »
Ken, if you don't mind keep us posted if you can get the crest on the tribute I was going to try to do the same, just haven't asked Tom yet.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 09:53:55 PM »
Ken, if you don't mind keep us posted if you can get the crest on the tribute I was going to try to do the same, just haven't asked Tom yet.

Will do Ryan.  Hope this can be done.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
Did he give you a choice ?  "You can have the box or the R9s but not both..."

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 12:24:20 PM »
Ryan.  Just talked to Maria and she is going to ask Karl again on the crest.  I told her about the Gunblast review and we looked at it together and she saw the crest.  She will get back to me today.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:10:16 PM by kjtrains »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
Got the answer from Maria.  The VZ CF grips will not be available with the crest; said Karl did not like the looks with the crest and chose to not have it.  With the way the grips are tappered no other place to put the crest except where it is in the picture; not something I wanted to hear.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »
Ken,

Thanks for checking into this. Huge Bummer! I think the crest completes the look...but as much as I would like to be I am not Karl Rohrbaugh so my vote doesn't count. They weren't even open to it as an add on option?
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 06:57:20 PM »
Ryan.  Bummer for sure!  I tried to get Maria to go back to Karl and ask for the option, and she stated that it they did one, they would have to do them all. 

I think the crest completes the look as well, and my vote doesn't count either; must be something about the crest that we can't see looking at the picture.  Maria said Karl thought the VZ CF with the crest,  the look just wasn't up to his standards being the position it was in.  I have to respect his opinion as he saw it up close. 

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »
Ryan.  Bummer for sure!  I tried to get Maria to go back to Karl and ask for the option, and she stated that it they did one, they would have to do them all. 

I think the crest completes the look as well, and my vote doesn't count either; must be something about the crest that we can't see looking at the picture.  Maria said Karl thought the VZ CF with the crest,  the look just wasn't up to his standards being the position it was in.  I have to respect his opinion as he saw it up close.

I would still like to have a set! :)
If there is enough interist, we may be able to get them to start adding the crest? It's worth a try anyway!

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »
I tried to get Maria to go back to Karl and ask for the option, and she stated that it they did one, they would have to do them all. 

That is exactly their problem, they did do one and now we all want it.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 08:42:18 PM »

That is exactly their problem, they did do one and now we all want it.

I think the answer to that is that VZ has to make the grips one way and Karl isn't happy with the way the crest looks so, no crest.  Maybe if more calls were made in favor of the crest..............................as Adam suggests.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:50:23 PM by kjtrains »

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 10:06:38 PM »
I'll give a call to Maria in the next few days and see if I can get any movement on the grip crests. I'll keep everyone posted as well.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 10:14:26 PM »
Me 2!