Author Topic: DesignerGrips  (Read 4885 times)

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
DesignerGrips
« on: July 30, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »
Carbon Fiber (CF) Grips as show below are now available from Designer Grips.  We stopped making them for a while due to problems with our molds (and my health).  The grips pictured below are the first set from a brand new mold. 

The visible face of our grips are made with a sheet of high quality CF material with a reflective metallic thread (in this case RED) woven in to it to give it the color you want.  Behind the CF sheet our grips are packed with shredded CF for strength and all screw holes are reinforced with Kevlar for additional impact resistance.

At this time we can make them in plain BLACK CF or in the following reflective colors,  RED, BLUE, SILVER, GOLD, and PURPLE.  We have also just begun offering IVORY colored grips.  The Ivory is NOT reinforced with CF but rather with Fiber Glass and Kevlar.

Brian
DesignerGrips@Gmail.com

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:16:58 AM by Brian »

Offline tattoo

• Master
Re: DesignerGrips
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:45:10 PM »
Very nice love that it has the crest...

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 05:26:58 PM »
I purchased a pair of Designer Gips over five years ago and have been carrying them since.  I hope not to muddy the water by showing these checkered grips.  My intent is to show my great satisfaction.

Due to problems with my hands I needed to make a slight modification to get a tighter purchase.

In person this mod does not take away from the looks in my opinion, in fact I think it adds to the "deep cover" mystique!

Thanks Brian, keep up the great work! :)

NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 05:32:23 PM »
Other side.

If you can enlarge without clicking on image do so.

Sorry about annoying super size.  I don't know how to correct with an iPad.

NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 06:34:14 PM »
Greg C.

Your Blue Carbon Fiber Grips are on their way.  We appreciate your business and your patience.  We finally had to toss the old mold and start from scratch.

Brian
DesignerGrips@Gmail.com

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:48:11 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 06:44:31 PM »
Thanks Tattoo.

Reinz,
I like the style that you have too but the mold for that style was worn out when I bought Designer Grips in 2013.   I don't have an original set of those to make another mold with.  If I see enough interest on this forum I'll look into making a mold for those as well. 

Brian
DesignerGrips@Gmail.com

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 07:44:46 PM »
Brian: Your Ring Lizard grips are beautiful! I would like to order a pair for my Seecamp .380, which is cosmetically challenged with their original grips on it. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks, Norm
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 05:47:00 AM »
Hi Norm,

Just email me your name and address and we'll start there.  Here are some pictures to show you what color skins I have in stock right now.  Both the Ring Lizard and the Karung Snake skin make really nice grips or whole rigs if you decide to go that route.  These particular hides are nice and thin making them good choices for both Seecamp and Rohrbaugh Grips.     

Thanks
Brian
DesignerGrips@Gmail.com

Offline Faawrenchbndr

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 09:14:26 AM »
Got them......look and feel great!
Need to get some pics up