Author Topic: !!!PROBLEM!!! Help  (Read 7939 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: !!!PROBLEM!!! Help
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 10:29:51 AM »
Dino.  Very good thinking.   ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 02:03:34 PM »
Welcome Oakmax1.  Call Tom, go for it.  

Richard I remember seeing that nice little Seecamp of yours or should I say of your wifes.  Is it time you sold it to me along with that nice hand made box you have for it?

Your wife really does deserve a R9, maybe you and Oakmax1 could get a package deal from Tom?

Anyone wanting custom made presentation boxes, let me know. We are starting to get requests for them at the wood shop. I am trying to get a photo library started of samples and as mentioned to "Richard S", I would rather build stuff for customers and take pics in order NOT to build stuff just for taking pics and having them lay around the shop.

We have a myriad of highend wood working equipment to include a 500 watt Beam Laser and CNC router capabilities. We can just about make anything you guys can conjure up in your minds!...Exotic woods, custom engraving, multi species edge stacking etc.

Here is a edge laminated box we have started for a P7 customer. It is walnut and purple heart and the grain is matched thru to the lid as well. (edge glued then lid is cut from block) Hk logo wasburned with laser and the option of having "inlay" is at customer request. This guy hasn't made up his mind yet.

On another note: we can make grips for your R9 in just about any type of material you want. We do however like to stay away from metals. Plastics, woods, carbon etc are fine
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 02:18:14 PM »
Enigma:

Now that is one gorgeous box! (Just let me get through figuring out my taxes . . . .)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 02:19:40 PM »
Wow!  Some good stuff.  Grips and wood boxes should be a want for some members here.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »
Enigma, Love the box, nice job lining up the grain front to side.  Ok I'm be the one to ask....how much for something like that?

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 04:34:45 PM »
Enigma, Love the box, nice job lining up the grain front to side.  Ok I'm be the one to ask....how much for something like that?

Very good question....I was waiting for it from someone!

The issues are:

One, its a new venture startup, trying to get a feel for the market and then to throw in the economy crap...its going to be a "feely out" learning curve.

Two, Becuase we are going to build these custom order, we have to figure out how that info will be conveyed from customer to us. There are a multitude of options that have to be "captured" and pricing correlated with each. That being said, here is a short list of the variables:

Size of box
Pistol type (internal profile cut)
Wood type(s)
Style of box (sharpcorners, rounded, feet, etc)
Hinges and locks options
Engraving (inside and out, I.E. lid, inside lid, internal deck etc)
Inlay options
Weapon "nest" material (felt, leather, Alcantera, Etc)
Additional cutouts (Extra mag, acc, etc)
Recessed inside lid (for manuals or documents etc)
Finishes (natural, oiled, laquer etc)

Those are the major options. Others options include plastic, glass or crystal lids: extreme exotic wood such as lacewood, cocobolo, burled stuff that is either expensive, hard to get or difficult to work with.

...HOWEVER...to try and answer your question as best as possible without shooting myself in the foot...a "basic" type box out of more common materials such as walnut, mahogany, oak, cherry and the like coupled with a standard cutout with say a single burn on the lid with standard hardware would run in the 2 to 4 hundred range. It just depends on "options".

Quality and craftsmanship will be on par or better than anything else out there.

On another note, all this box stuff started from an unlikely event. We made a "shadow box" for a retiring Navy officer and presented it to him at his ceremony and the "other" attending "brass" went nuts over it. Here is a pic of it in progress. The ships at bottom were cut from a walnut (types he was on) and the map of the world burned into oak with the laser. The little "tags" are also cut and engraved with all the places he had been stationed. The frame is cherry. We wanted to present something "different" thanthe standard "off the shelf" presentation boxes and show his travels throughout his career. The tags and awards are "placed" in proximity to where they were "earned". The triangle in the upper right is obviously for the flag that was not yet "presented".

If these pics are too large...my apologies but just trying to convey detail. Pics doesn't do any of these things justice until seen in the flesh...

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:38:54 PM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 04:49:39 PM »
In order to give the box above a little "perspective" as to size...another pic during the ceremony....and yeah, I'm the yoyo in the white shirt...

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 06:11:32 PM »
Excellent workmanship, P7.  This individual will definitely have something to cherish.

Offline IOM

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 11:19:40 PM »
Wow.  That is Really nice.  First class workmanship and attention to detail.  

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 12:15:02 AM »
Thanks...

I will start a new thread on this soon. I've even contacted Duane about putting an ad up and some % of the proceeds could go to the board from the sale of each box that is for an R9 variant.

So be dreaming up what you desire and I will get ready. In addition, the first 10 members of this forum who place orders will get a significant discount. I would say in the 20 to 30% off range and thier boxes will be numbered with "R" then a consecutive number denoting that the box for their R9 was one of the first and a letter of appreciation from us stating as such. Doesn't mean much but, it's all I can muster. Boxes ordered
would be used for web photography and literature. So, your box might be
famous one day!  ::)

tks

Tom

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 08:31:40 AM »
I'm in Tom will be waiting for the thread.
Thanks for the offer.

Offline Ucitykid

• When all else fails, be rational!
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »
Enigma,    Whoa!    I'm always amazed at people's creativity and craftmanship.  Absolutely killer presentation box and shadow box.  And you like P7's!

I seem to recollect that their are issues with R9 grips in wood?  I'd love to have a pair in ebony, bloodwood, amboyna, etc.,  Amy comments?

Let me know when you are ready to take orders and I'll be a customer.

Extraordinary!  Carlos
Carlos

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 04:52:24 PM »
GRIPS..Dunno...All we have to do is try different species and see what happens...! If a particuliar species was used for just carry purposes and replaced with factories for range use might be a thought.

In order to stop Hijacking this poor guys thread, I am going to start a thread in the "Accessories Section" unless DD wants it somewhere else?

Duane?...your comments? If you want to move all these posts over there that will be find by me or I can try and copy and post them over there and get rid of them here via "modify" function.

Your call bud...