Author Topic: FL members ... how you doin?  (Read 2759 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
FL members ... how you doin?
« on: September 29, 2004, 11:42:14 PM »
I can barely imagine the chaos and mess in some parts down there, and pray there will be no more hits.

Post in when you can with status updates - let us know you are Ok ... in particular fly - who I know was all but nuked.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: FL members ... how you doin?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 10:46:27 PM »
I'm back !     And darn glad to be.!!  ;D  

Has Fly checked in?   I'm searching the old posts that I had missed.
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 10:54:52 PM »
Hey RJ ... glad to ''see'' you. :)

Fly checked in after the worst to say how much damage he had had ... near disaster.  I am hoping he might manage to check in again soon but - well, he has plenty more on his plate of importance than web forums I guess!

The mess down there is incredible ... hard to identify really - other than thru imagination.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 09:15:40 AM »
Hi Guys,

I've salvaged about as much as I can from the mud and slime.  The house is a total loss -- it will need to be stripped down to the frame and rebuilt.  So, I'm selling quite a few guns in order to finance a travel trailer for temporary housing on my property while I rebuild.

The prospect of "camping" for a year or so isn't extremely appealing, but many people here have it much worse than I do.  Some people themselves are still "missing" -- the media isn't saying much and most people think the officials have understated the number of fatalities for some reason.  The county's body count is at 13, while the number I got from the Coast Guard station when I checked in was around 56...

Not sure why such a descrepancy would exist.  Some poor guy was found inside a capsized 45 foot yacht the other day when they rolled it over with a crane -- and it was way up on one of the rivers.

I do have internet access, but my forum participation will be limited for some time -- mainly focused on selling some of my guns to convert assets into cash.  Thanks to M_V_Dell here who bought my P7M13.

flyandscuba
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 01:00:29 PM »
Good to hear from you fly ... not a nice situation but thankful you are OK in self ... a hard year to come it seems.  Still somewhat of a miracle you did come out of it.

Stay in touch when you can .... wish I could help with the gun sales but didn't see anything in the list I needed.  Have you posted the list elsewhere?  Maybe on THR would be useful if not there already.

Take care
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site