Author Topic: Political Correctness  (Read 9701 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: Political Correctness
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2005, 12:30:57 AM »
PC affects us all in EVERYTHING these days.. :o

I have 2 children,even though in "private school" that are  "encoureged not" to play "guns" or "cowboys and Indians" on the playground.."potential violence" potential.. :o
Shoot-dodgeball is a no-no/might hurt someones feelings that they were or were not picked for a team..Plus it IS a violent game.. ::)

We teach the correct way on life at home to our's-but many depend on the "system" to do this..
We as a Free society are in grave danger of losing everything that we have..
The "minority" is being paid more attention to than the majority these days.. ???
I do not think that we shall stand for this for too long,otherwise we as a country may as well be France..

Brenden

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005, 01:43:05 PM »
Your post Brenden reminds me - somewhere in a school district - forget where - they banned the word ''FAIL'' - so if a kid does not come out top he/she cannot be told they ''failed'' - lest it upset their sensibilities - and presumably will save them from a life of depression and potential suicide!!!! ::) ::)

Then not so many years ago in UK was a case of school yard skipping being banned - ''lest the kids should hurt themselves''  ::) ::)

Hey - how come we all survived eh??  Let's all watch as self-determination is slowly abolished! ???
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 02:21:37 PM »
We have let the left set the correct agenda for too long.
They have made sure the educational system is failing, there goes that word again. So that a lot of young people don't know much, but follow authority, so they have no sense of history or traditions of this great country and what made us what we are or should I say were.
ie: the oil and gas business, energy, in general, we let the minority pinhead tree hugers tell US that we can't drill, build refineries or do anything on energy but look at the sun. We also must respect our enemy and treat them in a "fair" way.
We have the same energy problem that we had over 30 years ago, congress did nothing then and is doing nothing now.
The silent majority must stand up and take charge!
OK I'm stepping down from my soap box now.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005, 03:39:15 PM »
Tom - if your soapbox is big enough - maybe there's room for a few of us here to join you!!

We'll all holler in unison! ;)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005, 03:45:42 PM »
Chris, it is a very large box........... come on up.
Tom

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2005, 07:55:28 PM »
I firmly believe that 'political correctness' is now being used as a weapon by liberals to silence those that promulgate conservative beliefs. It seems to me that liberals cannot effectively counter core conservative ideas and principles so they instead attempt to dismiss the disciples of those beliefs with pejorative terms like 'homophobe' or 'racist' or 'sexist'.

How many times do we see that when conservatives make a mistake or speak erroneously liberals celebrate and guffaw to no end? Bill Bennet gambles? - so what? But the libs celebrate and demean every aspect of his life so as to make sure he is silenced. Rush has an addiction to prescription drugs? Big deal - so do 100's of the hollywood idiots, yet we're supposed to crave every word of their liberal belchings because we have to 'understand' and give a "second chance" to those that simply fall prey to an 'illness" of addiction while we should summarily dismiss Rush because he's a "hypocrite". Trent Lott's career is nearly ruined because he off-handedly referred to Jesse Helms' ideas as being part of a long-ago 'better day'. And for that his character is assailed by being labeled as a racist - because somehow Helms' background and historical opposition to some aspects of the civil rights movement now becomes Lott's ideology? And because of that we silence debate on the merits of affirmative action, quotas, race relations, etc. Meanwhile a former KKK member, Robert Byrd, continues his inane rantings as a Democratic member of the Senate - we have to listen to him because he "apologized" for his "mistakes" - conservatives get no such reprieve. Jesse Jackson and Louis Farakhan make anti-semitic remarks but they are forgiven because they are, after all, liberals - and they must be heard!

Far from being a movement of respect, the pc crowd exists to silence majority opinion and disembowel conservative thought through intimidation and harassment.
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2005, 08:50:50 PM »
" Political Correctness " is a contradiction of terms.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2005, 10:33:06 PM »
Tracker has it right.  And we should always remember that Mao Tse-tung once procaimed: ""Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."  

How in Heaven do we get that message across to the navel-gazing, lint-plucking, hot-house dreamers among us?
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2005, 10:35:32 PM »
[size=13] navel-gazing, lint-plucking, hot-house dreamers among us?[/size]
I see you have met some too Richard ;D
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2005, 10:39:23 PM »
Chris:

Yes, I have.  They seem to be like mushrooms -- grown in the dark and nourished by . . . .   Well, you know what I mean.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2005, 10:43:07 PM »
Yes indeed Richard - it helps explain the odor :D
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2005, 11:25:36 AM »
The height of un PC is the movie The Christmas Story. I still have my Red Rider airgun.
Tom

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2005, 12:57:24 PM »
Tom,

Many, many years ago I worked for the Daisy Air Rifle Company.

I was a "Goodwill Factory Representative" who traveled in the southwest contacting retailers.

I was not selling anything, but stimulated sales by stirring up interest in the products.

The Red Ryder brings back many memories.  I also liked the pump.

I had a new car, and always $300 in cash.  It was a dream come true.  I worked one summer, and returned to college.

Cass Hough was the President of Daisy, and he sounded just like the legendary voice on the Lone Ranger radio show.

Cass was a fighter pilot in the 8th Air Force in England.  He claimed to have dived the P38 and exceeded the speed of sound.  It was even in my high school literature book.

Meanwhile, Tony LaVire, the chief test pilot at Lockheed, said that it could not happen.

Bill

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2005, 12:01:40 AM »
I still have my Red Ryder BB gun too!
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2005, 09:58:20 AM »
ie: the oil and gas business, energy, in general, we let the minority pinhead tree hugers tell US that we can't drill, build refineries or do anything on energy but look at the sun.

Some of us minority pinhead tree huggers  ;D  ;) don't want drilling in the national preserves because we believe that there are viable forms of renewable resources that would be better for the environment than more oil.  They have fuel cells from ethanol that can power computers for weeks, and this from corn.  I remember going hiking with my family to pick raspberries in fields that are now houses and strip malls.  My families farm in CT is surrounded by hotels, offices, restaruants, etc.  You can't shoot the groundhogs anymore because the "neighbors" get excited.  I point this out because everywhere you look we see more and more land that once was pristine get ruined, as I see it, for more strip malls and Ruby Tuesdays.  I would like to keep as much land for public use as possible, and that means for hunting, fishing, camping, enjoying.  Most of you are older than I and know more of what I speak than I do.  You have seen your favorite hunting, fishing, shooting, and general outdoor areas dissappear and turned into this type of stuff.  There is a god damn chemical plant where we used to shoot ground hogs that has polluted the stream the cows drink out of, since cleaned up.  

I believe that the oil companies care very little about the land they ruin to obtain the oil.  I believe that the amount of oil that can be obtained from the Artic preserve or off the coast of Florida is not worth the potential or certain destruction of habitat, or in the case of Florida oil slicks on beaches.  
I believe that if the oil business wasn't so corrupt in the past and more open minded to other forms of energy that we would be further along than we are with alternate means of powering our automobiles.  Which we need to change.  We as a people are having a detrimental effect on our environment.  I think the change needs to start with our source of energy, ie oil companies.  
Too many times we environmental pinheads  :) get lumped into the groups with PETA and the like.  Most of us aren't like that.  Logging is ok, just not clear cutting.  Mining is essential, but strip mining with no effort to return the land to anything remotely like what it was is downright ugly (anyone in Pennsylvania knows what I am talking about).  I mean you don't blow your whole paycheck the day you get it if you want to live comfortably and maintain what you have.  Why would you do the same with your resources, no matter how much you think you may have.
I guess I better cut it off there before I write a book.  

Yes, I am an environmentalist but don't consider myself a liberal and yes I carry a gun.  :)