Author Topic: Right To Carry 2006  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Right To Carry 2006
« on: April 07, 2006, 08:00:34 PM »
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: Right To Carry 2006
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 11:38:02 AM »
Brenden,

For a long time, I was always reading about car hijackings in Detroit.  Some thug would come up to the window with a gun and either shoot the driver or force him out.

Now, you rarely hear about such events.  I'm convinced it's because of our right to carry.

Bill

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »
Bill, no doubt about it. ;D
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 04:08:46 PM »
That same situation existed here in Cleveland for a while in the early 90's while my daugeters were enrlolled at a downtown college.  I insisted upon driving them when they had a class that ended after 5:00 and one of the earlier Gaston editions in .40 was right there...long before ccw was permitted.  I still feel like it was the right thing to do.....And would do the same today.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 06:37:31 PM »
Mentioned this on other threads but - this year so far in just three months (guess include end of 2005 too) seen some pretty amazing progress on CCW generally.

With KS and NE added - we really now see just two that will not countenace carry - IL and WI.  I sincerely hope that will change.

HI, MD, MA and some others might as well be in same category because they actually hardly respect any applications.  Not sure where to list NJ as well - it seems to be off the U.S. map.

I have actually heard more recently of a few folks getting permits in CA - tho of course it depends on living in the right county!

There is still a long way to go but I hope the momentum will continue and further build.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 10:34:27 PM »
Differing outcomes in various counties -- Has anyone challenged this in court?  Seems as if it should be a pretty simple equal protection argument -- same as the voting rights cases (Some districts, historically black ones, had 4 times the population as others.)  Esp. if the history of the "may issue" as a Jim crow law could be shown...of course, it seems as if courts always do their best to avoid the 2nd amendment like the plaque...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.