Author Topic: "One of a Kind" Rohrbaugh R-9S for Auction  (Read 26134 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: "One of a Kind" Rohrbaugh R-9S for A
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »
I'm going to be more interested, at the start, with whose bidding.    ;D  Corey.  Do you have problems typing a "j".    ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 07:52:15 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 08:02:48 PM »
I must.  :D   Let me try it        j        yep, it works.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 08:14:50 PM »
If going by post count on this thread I think kytrains will buy it with 9 post already on it.  I guess I'm a close second with 5 now.  

kytrains will be slipping in his bids.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 08:35:23 PM »
Why!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
I must.  :D   Let me try it        j        yep, it works.

Great, Corey.  Now, practice!    ;D

Offline Hayabusa

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 09:49:56 PM »
It is a nice item but could have had a few touches that would have put it over the top.  The grips are fantastic from a collector perspective and the case is a nice touch.  

A more "significant" serial number would have grabbed high interest and I hear there are some "bling" lovers in the crowd.  A finish like the Kimber Eclipse would be acceptable bling and an extra set of grips in carbon fiber would have sealed it.

Really interested in seeing where the dollars land on this one.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 09:56:23 PM »
The serial number was a function of what frames were available in that finish.  I don't think there are a lot of carbon fiber grips still laying around -- at least that the factory is willing to part with.

The R5000 is still going to be available at some point -- but I have no idea how that will find a new home.  Lots of ideas are being discussed.

This wasn't designed to be the ultimate Rohrbaugh collectable -- just a really cool piece of Rohrbaugh design for a charitable cause.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Hayabusa

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 10:22:22 PM »
Hi Duane,  Hope I didn't sound like I was being too critical.  It is a cool piece that I'll most likely bid on.  Just putting out some ideas that I thought were neat.  Actually interested if others like the ideas.

I'm a member of the CKCA (Custom Knife Collectors Association).  We have hundreds of custom makers and collectors as membership and are growing rapidly.  We have a charity auction annually (see attached link).  I was not involved in the ground work of getting authorized to do the auction but I know the president of the association who I'm sure would be happy to share some information.  PM me if you'd like me to get y'all together.

http://www.customknifecollectorsassociation.com/

Happy to help if I can.
Best,
Rob

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 10:22:50 PM »
Well, my wife may be bidding on it.  I just showed her the pics and she loves the "paper towel print" on the grips. lol

Truth be known, I would love to have those grips but not at the price I think the gun will auction for.   SO, if one of you guys wants to buy that gun and sell me the grips..........  :o

Offline Hayabusa

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 10:24:54 PM »
Got some carbon fiber you're willing to give up?   ;D

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »
might

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 10:29:15 PM »
My problem is whether my attachment to No. 132 developed over the past six years is so strong that it would be futile for me to bid on that beauty -- especially in light of the work in progress on a presentation box and some old ivory grips for No. 132. What is it that Tracker has said about "need versus want . . . ?"   :-/
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »
might

I'll bet they won't be blue!    ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2010, 10:34:15 PM »
My problem is whether my attachment to No. 132 developed over the past six years is so strong that it would be futile for me to bid on that beauty -- especially in light of the work in progress on a presentation box and some old ivory grips for No. 132. What is it that Tracker has said about "need versus want . . . ?"   :-/

Also, ask yourself if you can live without it; if so, live without it!    ;D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2010, 11:31:38 PM »
I'm sure most everyone including myself could live without most of what we have, but we wouldn't live as happily.  ;D
  In my mind it comes down to if you really want something and can afford it, then get it.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson