Author Topic: A moment of reflection on this day  (Read 1423 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
A moment of reflection on this day
« on: December 07, 2021, 09:02:03 AM »
80 years ago Pearl Harbor was bombed.  Time again to reflect on our country as is was, as it now is, and as we would like it to be.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: A moment of reflection on this day
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 03:39:50 PM »
Well said but I wish we were better prepared politically and militarily now for a similar event that occurred in 1941.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 05:16:33 PM »
Well said but I wish we were better prepared politically and militarily now for a similar event that occurred in 1941.

Probably a surprise attack, but with a lot more devastating results.  Think about the chaos if a cyber attack with banking, power, internet, communications, etc all going down at the same time. 

Also, an attack by China on Taiwan coordinated with an attack on the Ukraine by the Russians could put our military in a straitjacket.  What our weak leadership would do is probably lead to disaster on both fronts.

Afraid of dark days ahead, however the American spirit will overcome all, or die trying.................

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 05:59:19 PM »
The preponderance of “American Spirit” lies in flyover country, mountains and fields and forests which have been denigrated, denied, defunded and dismissed by our elite leaders who have elected to build vulnerable and now useless aircraft carriers, super jets that required days/weeks of maintenance to fly one mission (and, of course, the moral superiority of their social engineering programs) rather to than build hypersonic missiles.  This kinda takes me back to the 50’s:  get under your desk, cover your head, put it between your knees and kiss you sweet ass goodby. 

You get what you pay for.  We are paying for Black Lives Matter founders to buy multiple mansions in protected communities, the 1619 project, food stamps, free education (such as it is) for illegals among other benefits, rainbow snowflake protection projects, electricity dependent on wind power and an intact grid,   Oh, Hell, no point in going on.  Look at what the Chinese are paying for with our money (our legislators and leaders???). I fear for America as never before! 

PS:  Theme song:  “Am I the Only One?” (Aaron Lewis)
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 10:23:23 AM »
Thanks for that song link.  Haven't heard it before.  Being passed on to a lot of other like minded individuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkKb4Zt48x8

I also like the multitude versions of his live performances of the song, his thoughts are dead on.........
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 10:33:16 AM by MikeInTexas »