Author Topic: First holster made for a paying customer  (Read 3090 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
First holster made for a paying customer
« on: September 30, 2012, 01:45:52 AM »
Well I think I have got to the point where I am happy enough with the craftsmanship on my holsters that I am going to start taking orders.  This one was made for a co-workers brother.  Made to his specs, colors, mount type, and ride height.  I think it turned out pretty well.  I might have chose a different color scheme, but I think it still looks very good.   FYI for those who have not used a Tek-Lok on holster yet (this was my first), they are absolutely fantastic!  I put a 1/2" relief in the backside of the holster so the mounting screws for the Tek-Lok will not touch or interfere with the firearm in any way.  Let me know what you guys think!  I'm pretty excited to see his reaction!

-Adam

*update*  -  Delivered the holster this evening after work.  He was very happy with it!! You never now how a person is going to react.  I put a lot of time and care making his holster and a weight was lifted off my shoulders when he gave his approval.  First satisfied customer, many more to go hopefully!

-Adam
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:38:05 AM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: First holster made for a paying customer - lol
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 03:30:53 PM »
Very nice Thor.  Good looking rig as well.

Can you explain what the Tek-loc is please?
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 04:01:57 PM »
Adam,

I think it looks great! I too wonder about the tec-lok? I would take it with slots for a right handed person. Can you make one for a non-rail P226 or a railed 5" 1911?

Robar233

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »
A Tek-Lok is a belt mounting system made by Blade-Tech.  In a nutshell it is a very sturdy, yet easily removable mount for a holster. 

Here's the description direct from Blade-Tech's website:

Introducing Blade-Tech’s newly remodeled Tek-Lok™; a secure, innovative and versatile latching attachment system. The engineers and product developers at Blade-Tech took the original Tek-Lok™ and reworked its functional ability to add more utility and ease of use. The Tek-Lok™ has also been contoured to better fit the profile of the body and to eliminate hot spots. The new Tek-Lok™ is held in place by two robust retaining tabs. A user friendly, integrated secondary locking system was also built into the newly redesigned Tek-Lok™. With the simple motion of a thumb or finger, the redundant lock rotates out of the way to allow the user to pinch the retaining tabs and conveniently remove the Tek-Lok from the belt. It is readily adjustable to accommodate belts from 2.25” down to 1.25”.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »
Adam,

I think it looks great! I too wonder about the tec-lok? I would take it with slots for a right handed person. Can you make one for a non-rail P226 or a railed 5" 1911?

Robar233

Robar, I can make holsters for any configuration requested as long as I have either the plastic training gun or the actual firearm.  I have molds coming for several pistols for customers, however a P226 or a railed 1911 has not yet been requested.  It apparently takes about 2 weeks to get the molds in from the supplier if they are out of stock, however after that I can make you whatever you'd like.   I have checked with my supplier and they have a Sig P226 mold available if you'd like me to make you something.  Feel free to contact me through this forum or at: adamhamm1@gmail.com and we can discuss it further if you'd like.  I am going be building the website in the next few weeks.  I am still starting out and I am not prepared for a large influx of orders at once, although that would be a nice problem to have.  I'm still taking it very slow, focusing on quality and building a customer base.   

On your railed 1911, is there an attachment you carry on the pistol?  I can make the holster accept lights, lasers, etc.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:25:27 PM by thor447 »
- George Washington

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 09:23:16 PM »
Adam,

Robar233

Robar, made some headway on the Sig P226 mold.  Small operation here so do not yet have a large selection of molds.  But it is growing!!  I sent you an email with details.

-Adam
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:26:55 PM by thor447 »
- George Washington

Offline thor447

• Master
Re: First holster made for a paying customer
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 02:39:25 AM »
Robar thanks again, your P226 holster will be shipped tomorrow.  I truly enjoyed working on it and hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it. 

-Adam

*edit*  I guess technically it will ship out later today.  It's late.
- George Washington

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »
WoW!  That is fast service!

Not only great work, but super fast.  Hard to find these days.

Great going Thor! 8)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
 All members,

You want to talk about service. I sent Adam an email about a holster for my non-rail P226. In less than a day he managed to get his hands on a blue gun for a mold. He emailed me several times with some important questions and walla the holster is done. It is being shipped as I type.

OK, yes the proof is in the pudding so I will post again once I strap it on and put the iron in it.

I have to tell you that Adam has been first rate on service. If the product is as good everything will be outstanding. If I knew how to post a picture I would gladly do so. I have a 1911 pistol to post on the other guns section to if I ever get the knack of it.

Robar233

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 07:57:01 PM »
Thanks for the kind words John.  I hope you like it.  It sure does fit nicely in the mold, hopefully the real thing will be just as good!  There is going to be a little less definition in the mold because of the thicker material used on the front side of the holster.  But it works far better than .060 Kydex when using the belt cutouts you requested.  Holds the firearm very securely, yet not so much that it is difficult to remove.  I look forward to your review.  My fingers are crossed!

Here is the pictures of the holster:

-Adam
- George Washington

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 09:34:14 PM »

Very nice work, Adam, kudos, and Bravo Zulu!

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 05:54:45 AM »
Excellent work! :)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
Tek-Loks are great - I've used mag pouches w. them for years - and holsters, in competition, but I don't tend to carry OWB, very much*.  They work great on my competition holsters, but I don't abuse those nearly as much as I do my carry holsters.  (Unless I carry AIWB, which I do, mostly, these days, I tend to slam holsters into stainless steel corners, while running, on a, somewhat, routine basis - although I haven't had to run to hit a kill switch since the power company, finally, tracked down their supply issues...)

*I have a Looper Gun Leather hybrid holster (leather-covered kydex), which I'm very fond of, but it doesn't use a Tek-Lok. 
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 04:02:02 AM »
Well John, you get back to work later today and your holster will be waiting on you!  I look forward to hearing your review.   

-Adam

(p.s. - If it's bad, feel free not to post it!!! haha)    -    only kidding
- George Washington