Author Topic: Help....  (Read 3795 times)

ToadAmmo

Help....
« on: February 20, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »
Brothers, I'm needing assistance, was "formally known as AmmoToad"....can't recall password, and the email I used originally is defunct...I sent an eMail to the administer with no luck....I would like to log back on with my previous credentials.  Anyway, missed y'all....life is good, and hopefully each of you are doing well.....

ToadAmmo

Re: Help....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:32:47 PM »
Please allow me to elaborate and explain how one can find oneself in such a conundrum:  As those of you who know me, knows, I'm often displaced OCONUS...I'll get back to that in a moment.  I had a HP laptop on which I had a program of some sort that recorded, and remembered all my passwords....(my mistake)....additionally, I had a long standing email account (back to that in a moment)....short story long....I returned home to a password memorizing laptop with a memory lapse, a new email address, and the inability to log into my most favorite (only) forum.....  I tried every password combination, even asked Chinese hackers for assistance to no avail.  Finally, something popped up that said (not a quote) if I forgot my password, one would be eMailed to me...Great, I thought....but as luck would have it, the email I used to originally  join this forum had long since gone defunct, kaput, etc....  So, I hit the ol' administrator email link and sent a note....now, trust me when I say, I know the administrator is busy and this forum isn't his full time job...no jab at all, please believe that....but suffering from Rohrbaugh Forum withdrawals, I had no choice but to open an new registry and beg for assistance.....so please, if there is any mercy at all for a dredge as me, I'd really like to get back on as AmmoToad....I'm cornfused enough as it is....and so much to share with my Brothers.  I don't often ask for help.  I'm in a quandary Brothers...

Back to OCONUS as I promised....yes, I'm back now...and I hate everything Pakistan, the food sucks, the water sucks, and the best thing I can even think of as a positive is the stray dogs who roam the streets looking for a friend......I miss them...those who know, know....and will know why that makes sense.....

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:59:02 PM »
Welcome back, Toad; thank you for what you have done for this country and we have missed your presence.

ToadAmmo

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:35:05 PM »
Tracker, Brother, thanks for the words...

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 08:51:09 AM »
Welcome back........I bet those dogs are just like the ones in Iraq, Afagnistan, and a few other unnamed countries. ::)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 10:22:08 AM »
We missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 11:21:23 AM »
Welcome back, Toad. You've been missed.

Brother, I agree with you on Pakistan.  I had two assignments to that benighted country. One of them occurred shortly after Muslim extremists had stormed and burned the U. S. Embassy in Islamabad in November 1979, killing two Americans one of whom was a Marine Security Guard.

General Mohammad Zia-ul-Haq, who had seized power from Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto in 1977 and then had Bhutto tried and executed in 1979, had imposed Sharia Law on the country. The consumption of alcoholic beverages was banned. The only way a "foreign infidel" could get a drink was to repair to a darkened room resembling a 1920s "Speakeasy" in the basement of your hotel, present your passport, sign a paper declaring yourself to be an "alcoholic in need of medication," and then pay an outrageous price for cheap liquor measured out in a tiny shot glass. 

Somewhere, a' mouldering in the basements of various hotels of Karachi and Islamabad there may still be boxes of paper forms, a few of which contain my signature declaring me to be hopelessly addicted to alcohol. I think of that and smile now and then of an evening when I gaze into a crystal glass of well-aged single malt .

The only thing good I brought out of Pakistan was a horse. The British "ex-pats," former colonials all, were packing up, selling out, and returning to jolly old England. One of them was a banker who owned a Thoroughbred stud that had won just about every race in which he was entered. His registered name was "Sculptor." I was able to purchase him for a fraction of his value -- in fact, it cost more to have him shipped by air through France to the United States than it did to buy him. He stood at stud on my little Maryland horse farm for eight years until his death in 1988, giving me seven winners at the track. I still miss him.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

ToadAmmo

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 07:49:49 PM »
Richard, enjoyed reading that...made me break out the single malt and have a toast on your behalf.  Hopelessly addicted, makes me smile.  I had to hang out with a couple officers from Egypt and Saudi here in Montgomery about 10 years ago....for some devout Muslims, they sure enjoyed embracing the Infidel ways when they were out on the town....somehow I guess they thought it was all okay since they were in the land of Infidels....  As individuals, they were nice enough men, but their ideologies were bent way far out of whack.... 

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 12:56:13 PM »
Welcome back Toad.  Hopefully you'll get your name back.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

ToadAmmo

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 07:06:10 PM »
Garsh Brother Reinz.....I sure hope so....patiently waiting.....

Offline Trailblazer

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 08:37:27 PM »
Toad...thank you for your service!!
Trailblazer Investigations Inc

ToadAmmo

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 10:33:32 PM »
Thank you Trailblazer for saying so.  Welcome to the forum....you'll find Gentlemen hereabouts...

ToadAmmo

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 10:40:43 PM »
Richard, I've read your words an unhealthy number of times...each one makes me smile....just because I know....thanks again for sharing your experience with us.  And thank you Brother for your service to this Great Nation...during a time when It wasn't as Cosmopolitan as it is today....You are always welcome here in Toadville...with a nice single malt of your choice...It's just what Men like us do.....

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 12:32:15 AM »
Toad, I neglected to thank you for your service as well.   I sleep warm without a care at night because men like you sleep in beyound piss poor conditions in BFE.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 10:01:05 AM »
Sorry guys, I was out of pocket for a bit and didn't realize this was going on.  Should be fixed now.  Thanks.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com