Author Topic: I don't have the words for today..  (Read 1668 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
I don't have the words for today..
« on: May 21, 2013, 12:58:25 AM »
I'll tell you what, the Moore, OK tornado missed my house by 1/8 mile.  While I feel blessed, I'm watching my community around me suffer.  I'm struggling with feelings of being blessed and sorrow at the same time.  What a day...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:04:05 AM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: I don't have the words for today..
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 08:45:05 AM »
As a native Oklahoman, I am deeply moved by your eloquent words. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you there in Moore and the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »
God Bless all involved and affected.  Glad you are o.k.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline renrew

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 12:39:14 PM »
Prayers to you in your community.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 01:02:37 PM »
Also from East Tennessee....thoughts and prayers sent...
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »
My prayers and sympathy also for those affected, and praying that the remaining survivors will be found in time.
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »

Unfathomable! So relieved to hear you are safe and thanks for conveying your intense, mixed emotions.

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 01:04:46 AM »
Thanks everybody.  My employer also owns several restaurants under it's umbrella, and has begun today setting up food and beverage stations around the affected area.   

A close family friend who is in the tire business, has organized with the Firestone factory in south OKC and set up a tire replacing station off of SW 19th and I-35 in Moore.  With all of the debris, there are countless emergency vehicles blowing tires.

The support has been enormous.

The sad part is we had an EF4 tornado hit north of here on the north side of OKC going into Shawnee that seems to be getting no attention.  A close family friend lost his family's 80 acre farm, 50 head of cattle, and 4 houses on his land that housed his family, mother, brother, and grandfather.  There is a tremendous amount of damage to our northeast as well that I'm guessing most have not even heard about.

God bless you all, I truly feel we are seeing the benefits of your collective prayers.

-Adam
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington