Author Topic: STs at able ammo  (Read 1922 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
STs at able ammo
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:45:10 PM »
   The title about says it all. 9mm,115 gr STs at able ammo for $39.70. No idea how many they have.     Gene
birdman

Offline cordy

Re: STs at able ammo
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »
Has anyone use any RBCD ammo in their pistol?  Check it out if you don't know anything about it.    http://www.rbcd.net
Jimbo

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 03:35:23 PM »
I have not used any RBCD ammo.  I don't think you need to post this in ALL the threads on the forum to get people to see it.  Most people read all the newest ones so posting it once will do.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:08:11 PM »
Has anyone use any RBCD ammo in their pistol?  Check it out if you don't know anything about it.    http://www.rbcd.net

No.  I haven't tried the RBCD ammo, either;  how about you?  Just wondering.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline cordy

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 09:38:12 PM »
I was very interested in it because we are limited in the # of shots we can take & this ammo is a man stopper if there ever was one. It is not rated as a +P or anything & you get 20 for about $40.  I may buy a box of each & try them. The weight of a 9mm is 60gr @ 2010 fps / 539 flbs. Everyone says the shoot very nice (less recoil) but our Pups are sensitive to ammo so....
Jimbo

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:44:21 PM »
 cordy, are you sure that you aren't here on this forum just to spam for RBCD? The same question in post after post is getting a little tiresome. Take a break... please.    Gene
birdman

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 11:01:02 PM »

RBCD has been suggested before in this forum and disregarded for lack of interest. We try to stay with proven manufacturers and this isn't one of them. Even though I own some I would not test them in the R9.

Offline cordy

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 11:14:58 PM »
I think you are right, I'm getting a lot of negative feed back on some other blogs. I better stick with my SilverTip.
Jimbo

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 11:19:27 PM »

Excellent decision; as I have mentioned previously I test fired some RBCD .243 prior to my only deer hunt and the accuracy was unacceptable compared to Federal.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 11:01:51 AM »
Sooo, how about them Silvertips, I got a message from Cabala's
and it doesn't look like they plan to have any soon.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »
John.  Cabela's says the 9mm Silvertips are in stock.

I did recieve my order for 9mm Silvertips before we left for Ga. from Cabela's and had the order for the same from Sportsmans Guide waiting when we got back yesterday.

I haven't got that message from Cabela's yet; their place to order .380 Silvertips says shipping time is 5 to 6 weeks.  I had a person call yesterday taking a survey for Winchester, so I asked her about the .380 Silvertip production, and she was under the impression it had started.

I'll have to give Winchester a followup call.    :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:55:44 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln