Author Topic: Second Range Report  (Read 3140 times)

Offline sm8770

Second Range Report
« on: September 09, 2011, 08:16:37 PM »
I enjoyed a lesson earlier today with the LGS pro, and got to fire  about 50 rounds from my new R9.  The first 20 were with WWB and I had 2 FTF.  Simply took out the magazine, racked the slide and continued to shoot.

The following 20 were with Federal american eagle and last 10 with this forum's recommended Speer Gold Dot 115gm.  No problems with either of these loads, so looks like the WWB is not going to be the preferred practice round of my R9.  

As for accuracy, at about 15 feet, i think i did remarkably well--again, especially for a noobie.  90% of the shots would have been effective at stopping a threat, i think.  Also, as a number of you had advised me, and to give the following input myself for other prospective buyers of this remarkable pistol: the recoil is very manageable and I didn't see much issue with rapid follow up shots.  

I look forward to learning more, shooting more and being able to conceal carry soon after the law in Wisconsin is official come November 1.  Have a great weekend and I will be praying for all those who lost their lives on 9-11, for their families and for continued strength for the USA and all those protecting our freedoms.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Second Range Report
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 11:25:56 PM »
sm good range report, congrats.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Second Range Report
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 11:34:41 PM »
Way to go, sm; excellent report!  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln