Author Topic: Soon to be an owner.  (Read 1993 times)

Offline grayfeathers

Soon to be an owner.
« on: April 01, 2007, 01:12:02 AM »
Hello to all. I have my R9 stealth on order, and it may be in next week.  I  am off work till  at least May 1st due to a knee replacment. Once I get it I will have lots of time to get to the range. I will give a report as soon as possible. Looks like a great forum.

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
Re: Soon to be an owner.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 12:42:22 PM »
Grayfeathers, Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new R-9. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline grayfeathers

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 01:39:44 PM »
I am sure I will. Thanks Dan.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 06:45:09 PM »
Grayfeathers:

And a welcome from me as well!

I hope you are as satisfied with your Stealth R9 as I have been with my early Farmingdale model.

Good luck with the new knee.  I haven't had that procedure yet, but after two surgeries to remove bits and pieces of torn cartlilage in my right knee, I expect it's just a matter of time.  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Hk-Itch

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:18:45 PM »
Welcome Grayfeathers,  

With all the rehab time you'll have plenty of time to read up on the R9S from the forum.  Alot of valuable info here.  Good peeps too. 8)

Offline robertmeco

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 08:58:36 PM »
Grayfeathers:

And a welcome from me as well!

I hope you are as satisfied with your Stealth R9 as I have been with my early Farmingdale model.

Good luck with the new knee.  I haven't had that procedure yet, but after two surgeries to remove bits and pieces of torn cartlilage in my right knee, I expect it's just a matter of time.  

Richard I had a knee replaced about 3 years ago ,I suffered for several years. Then this woman told me she had bouth her knees replaced, and I was a fool to suffer with a bad knee .  So i did have the surgery and the pain from surgery is nothing  compaired  to the pain from a bad knee.
robertmeco

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 08:00:31 AM »
Robert:

Thanks for the encouraging word! If and when the knee goes out again, I've pretty much decided to get it replaced. I tore it to pieces one day some 20 years ago while alone on an elk hunt up in the mountains of Idaho's Challis Wilderness area. I was glassing a nearby slope, moved sideways for a better view, stepped into a deadfall covered with debris, and fell with my right foot firmly trapped. Talk about being careless and feeling stupid . . . !

After fashioning a crutch and hobbling five miles downhill to base camp, the knee was about twice its normal size and that hunt was over with several days left on my permit. I think that still bothers me more than the damage to the knee.

And again, Grayfeathers, good luck to you on your rehabilitation and your range sessions with the new Stealth!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 08:01:03 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 01:19:08 PM »
Grayfeathers, welcome from Texas and good luck on the new knee. Most folks say now days it is not a big deal.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline grayfeathers

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 02:47:57 PM »
Just one day of alot of pain but well worth it. To anyone pondering the decision of wether or not to go for it if its an option, I say go. I feel so much better then I did before the surgery. I can walk without pain & limping. I am a new man. Just make sure you get a good surgen.
Bruce

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  And double congrats;  for the R9 and the new knee.  Glad to hear you feel better already.

Reinz
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 03:05:00 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 02:02:45 AM »

Richard - that story sounds like a made for TV movie  :)

Both my knees bother me some - keep saying if I lose 30 lbs it will help - maybe some day I will know of that is true.

Welcome Grayfeathers  :) :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 02:03:12 AM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."