Author Topic: Hornady's New Critical Duty Ammo  (Read 10014 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Hornady's New Critical Duty Ammo
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 10:05:39 AM »
Yankee  -  I certainly respect your opinion and what your "comfort level" is.

I have seen no reports of failures newer than about 2 years old.  I have talked to Dave Emary at Hornady and I am confident in the Winchester primers that they are using now.  I shoot the pistols I carry at least twice a month with the carry ammo.  I test every new box before I will carry it.  I am just as confident in the CD's as the Gold Dots I was carrying.  I could not be more confident as I have tested this ammo more than any other I have ever used.

Kj  -  Run that old ammo through your Glock and be done with it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 10:20:07 AM »
Yep.  MRC.  I could do that with the Glock.  Will just continue to hold for now. 
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 09:28:55 PM »
Ok, I'm late to this party; but, was this just specific to Critical Defense and not XTP or TAP?  Want to know for safety info.  Not interested in Hornady ammo anymore...too many issues as of late. 

I have to say, when I saw Critical Defense I flinched and thought to myself "they've changed directions."    Now that they have "ZOMBIE" ammo I'm pretty much not interested in anything Hornady is selling (maybe their press, but that's about it).  When they start using video games as their inspiration, they've become a "gimmick" company. 

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »
It should work well in the G-17. That is where my present stock of CD Hornady is going as range fodder.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:00:27 PM by tracker »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »
Whatever you use, even the Gold Dots, for carry ammo, shoot 2 mags from the carry weapon...if they all work, use the rest for carry.  Even within one make/type ammo can vary from box to box.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 10:06:40 PM »
It should work well in the G-17. That is where my present stock of CD Hornady is going as range fodder.

That's what I'm going to do with mine, as well.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln