Author Topic: RJ Hedley Holster  (Read 6297 times)

Offline Douglas

• Expert
RJ Hedley Holster
« on: December 01, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »
My new (-and my first and only) RJ Hedley just arrived.   ;D

Very nice work and dealing with Lisa was a breeze. As of tomorrow I'll start carrying it.  It came with the leather strip and the instructions to adjust the fit, if desired. I haven't even thought about doing that at this point.

A couple of quick pics:

Offline Phsimone

• Master
Re: RJ Hedley Holster
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
That really is a nice looking holster, gotta give the lady alot of credit for carrying on in such a classy way.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
Douglas.  Very nice holster,  indeed.  Enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »
Congratulations, Douglas, on a beautiful holster by Lisa continuing in the finest tradition established by her father. I would recommend to take your time and let the R9 settle into the hoster without the leather strip. Once the holster is stretched it cannot be recovered to the original fit. I have had the same "tight fit" concerns but quality holsters like this one will work out just fine.

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 09:25:35 PM »
Thanks guys.

It really is a beautiful piece of leather work; and yes, from reading the RJ stories, it is a good thing for everyone that Lisa carries on the tradition.

tracker, thanks for the advice, I think you're exactly right. Just like cutting: you can always go shorter, but...

I'm not going to try to adjust anything. The fit is excellent now. I'm not sure how it will draw, since I haven't had it in a real pocket yet, but I know in the end it will be fine.  8)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 11:49:19 AM »
Splendid photography
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »
        Douglas, now that's a beautiful holster!! I'll take this opportunity to welcome you to the best forum, the best pocket pistols and most of all the best people anywhere on the internet.               Gene
birdman

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 09:03:06 PM »
Douglas, if the holster is a bit tight or sticky, get a small bottle of Leather Lightening from Mitch Rosen Gunleather.  A tiny amount will make the leather slick for a reasonable period of time and ease the draw.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 10:38:53 PM »
Douglas, if the holster is a bit tight or sticky, get a small bottle of Leather Lightening from Mitch Rosen Gunleather.  A tiny amount will make the leather slick for a reasonable period of time and ease the draw.

Thanks backup! Good tip, I've got plenty of leather holsters.

Just in the interest of the future, and in the search engine, let me be clear:

There are no issues with this holster.

None.

I only mentioned that it came with a leather strip and instructions for fit adjustment to itemize what came with the holster. I haven't used them, nor do I expect to.

-But I could if I decided to, because they were included. 8)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 03:11:25 PM »
Douglas:

As one who has eight of RJ's holsters for various handguns, I'm here to say that Lisa's work is a perfect mirror of her father's. It is truly amazing, and gratifying, to see such artistry passed from father to daughter.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »
Awesome rig!  Folk like you cause folk like me to spend $$$.... 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 08:19:29 PM »
Awesome rig!  Folk like you cause folk like me to spend $$$....

Ain't that the truth! And you just know it happens to all of us.

Between fora, websites, Youtube, etc.... I'd probably be rich if I cancelled my internet connection.  ;D