Author Topic: 2 Against 1 COLLATERAL Damage  (Read 2118 times)

Offline gr8guns

2 Against 1 COLLATERAL Damage
« on: June 13, 2005, 05:56:15 PM »
Thank you to FlyandScuba for providing the video as part of his icon.

Repeated viewings are quite instructive. Notice how the 2nd BG conveniently spends a lot of time never getting his gun unstuck from his belt.

hmmm.... 2 against 1 => Tom Cruise should have taken cover behind the taxi before engaging 2 BGs.   Cover first, if you can. Then think about the real results of 2 against 1. Maybe get in some paintball practice.  But hey, Collateral Damage was just a movie name, right?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 05:58:50 PM by gr8guns »

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
Re: 2 Against 1 COLLATERAL Damage
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 11:23:10 PM »
Under the circumstances, I think the defender did well.  He pretended to submit and waited for his opportunity, then took it.  He clearly had the opportunity to shoot before he had the opportunity to reach cover.

My only criticism is that he telegraphed his punch by moving things other than his fist first.  But, nothing succeeds like success.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline gr8guns

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:04:16 AM »
Maybe I should have mentioned that I enjoyed the advantage of seeing the whole scene unfold in the movie.   Tom verbally challenged the 2 BGs from about 30 yards.  The taxi was right behind Tom.  After Tom's verbal challenge, the first BG drew his gun and walked the distance to Tom.

But still, looking only at the video as shown, the 2nd BG takes 3 or 4 steps backwards during the shooting before getting shot. (Count them, if you wish.) The 2nd BG had sufficient time to draw and shoot Tom. Unless, it's in the movies.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 01:19:36 AM by gr8guns »

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 10:33:43 PM »
To FLY AND SCUBA,
            That is just the coolest video clip to have as a sign off tag that I've ever seen. Really classy! Every time I see it I have to watch it two or three times. Great taste and really creative use of the technology. Good for you.

DoubletapMike
doubletapMike