Author Topic: The ''intimidation'' factor!  (Read 2390 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
The ''intimidation'' factor!
« on: July 02, 2004, 01:11:14 AM »
Whilst reassembling the pup .... I was very aware that - from a scale POV ... that hole in the end does look QUITE large!! ;D

In fact ... scale up the whole piece and that hole looks as big on the R9 as a 45 hole on a 1911.

I can't help wondering (hoping even!) that - if a BG was looking down that tunnel, he just might think  - '' hell - that's no mouse gun''!! :P

My wish - as much as anyone's I suspect is that - if the time ever comes for a draw and defensive action ... with luck there'll be no shots fired .... and so the ''deterant effect'' always comes to mind.  As they say (listen Mr BG!) ... ''size ain't everything''!

I am an optimist!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: The ''intimidation'' factor!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 09:58:31 AM »
Hell -- when looking in the mirror, I think my P-3AT looks too big to mess with.  Now a NAA mini-revolver is not too imposing, but I sure woudn't want one aimed at me.  

Armed robbery victims notoriously describe the gun pointed at them as "huge" or something similar.  
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 09:40:29 PM »
Heck, I recoil when someone points a stretched rubber band at me.

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 04:04:02 PM »
I agree with what you said about the rubber band! But I was in a gun shop once with a couple of off duty cops just shooting the breeze and one local Officer said " Ig I EVER get shot with a .25, I'm going to punch the shooter right in the mouth!" We all had a good laugh at that. I think that there is a great disrespect fo small calibers in general. But dead is dead no matter what, and you don't want to get shot with a paintball, let alone a .25

DoubletapMike
doubletapMike

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 04:37:49 PM »
Where I live the police chief of a very small town years ago made a traffic stop and was shot once with a 25 killing him - that man is still on the FBI most wanted list.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."