Author Topic: Flippant thought!  (Read 6271 times)

Offline saltydog452

Re: Flippant thought!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2004, 12:50:14 PM »
George,

You mentioned in an earlier post on this thread that you  read some books by Richard Patterson.  Isn't he the very much anti-gun writer of Handgun Control Inc. fame?

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 08:07:28 PM »
I don't know, does he write novels?

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 09:38:46 PM »
It's so comforting to know that there are other people out there that share the same beliefs as we do and feel the same way. I thought I was one of the only ones who were always armed when they went out. My wife makes fun of me because  I turned a Jeff Cooper quote into a kind of mantra; " You can't make an appointment to have an emergency!" She thinks I'm a little paranoid! I think I'm careful!
    I was lucky enough to attend Mass Ayoob's " Use of lethal Force seminar" a few years ago and it was a great learning experiance that I would reccomend to eveyone who has a CCW. Mass is a great teacher who talks the talk and walks the walk. It's hard to do better.People like him and the members of this forum show what real responsible people who carry a conceled weapon are all about. They demonstrate what real restraint and great patience are all about. But, when cornered, or a very real threat to their life becomes evident, they have the means and mind set to save their own lives, as a last resort. Not deligate their safty to some 911 operator who may or not be there to hear you dying. We are each responsible for our own safty in the final analysis.

doubletapMike
doubletapMike

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2005, 04:02:54 PM »
I have done a lot of work with police departments and sheriff offices thru the years as a class 3 dealer. I have taken in trade thousands of BG guns that they have taken off them. For the most part, the guns are cheap and in poor condition. I had at one time more .25acp pistols than any one in the country, over 300. A lot of pistols in .22 and .25, some wheelguns in .38 special, single shot shotguns and .22 rifles. However, some are nice Colts, S&W, Brownings and etc in good condition that they stole or bought. What I see now are gang kids at gun shows, with lots of drug money and jewelry looking for status guns ie: Colts,Glocks,S&W, Browning. I think they like any gun that is fancy, big, or cool looking and their other gang members don't have. They usually look at the Seecamps and Rohrbaughs and ask the price of same. Then they move off when I give them a price of retail plus $300.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2005, 05:12:24 PM »
When I go to gun shows, the "street" folks seem to look at Cobra, Hi-Point, Kel Tec, Taurus, and Ruger. Sometimes they look at Glocks, but you are right: the bigger the better. They like AK's better than AR's, and as to shotguns, pistol grip or Maverick brand rukes.

So, my observation is that if you want to attract the wrong kind of folks, go with either cheap or flashy.