Author Topic: Snow,snow,and more snow.  (Read 4890 times)

Offline johnny

• Master
Snow,snow,and more snow.
« on: April 16, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
 I finally see what Buffalo, NY.deals with when they get dumped with tons of snow.
  It started here late Friday night and continued till last night.And our town was pretty much the epic center of this North Central Wisconsin blizzard.All said and done about 33 to 34 inches. >:( 

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Snow,snow,and more snow.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:21:24 PM »
Please accept my deepest condolences and sympathy for this unseasonal and brutal weather.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 08:14:56 PM »
  Thanks Tracker. ;D

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:04:28 PM »
We're having a cold spell here also...it only hit 74 today.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 10:29:30 PM »
Buffalo definitely gets its fair share of snow each winter but I'm ready for it to be done.

It snowed again today after freezing rain and ice over the weekend.

Ugh!
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 09:33:20 AM »

I have to drive from Florida to Northern Ontario a week from today.  Hope it warms up!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »
  Well Duane we have a road trip planned to drive down to Alabama leaving next Monday.We were going to do it two years ago but my wife fell on  the bottom step in the house and broke her foot.
      We have never been down south.Now with this big storm we had last weekend and snow piled up 3 feet on the side of the house I think we are going to wait till Wednesday maybe,just in case water seeps in the basement Add to that they are forecasting more snow on Friday.
                 However, as you probably know they clean the interstate highways up pretty fast.
                                                                                           Have a safe trip.

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 03:41:20 PM »
We are supposed to be 80 this weekend in sunny California

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 06:54:02 PM »
  Last Saturday night I called an old friend We were in the midst of this blizzard,got a voice mail.He called back later and said they were out in the back yard having a little picnic.He lives in California. ;D

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »
Went to Amelia Shotgun Sports today with friend to kill a bunch of clay pigeons.  Was cold last night (55 degrees) but was 87 by noon. 
Weather report courtesy of Northeast Florida R9 owner!   ;D
PS:  I moved from the mountains of NE TN near Asheville, NC 3 years ago...miss the first snow, but not all the others after that!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 09:51:53 PM »
There is no question that this winter/spring has been a hard one that keeps on coming.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 09:42:41 AM »
I hate to bring this up (no, I really don''t) but this has been one of the best springs on the Texas Gulf Coast in many years.  Mild temps and moderate rain have been a pleasant surprise. 

We have had the house and car windows open a lot this year.

Bad news is it will change soon.  Blazing temps, high humidity, bugs and all the other things that make our summers so special are around the corner.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:44:22 AM by MikeInTexas »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 01:07:41 PM »
Those who are able depart the Gulf Coast in the summer for higher altitudes and lower temperatures and humidity.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 02:24:37 PM »
Not us...We look forward to the summer here on the West Coast of Florida. No tourists/snowbirds, no waiting at restaurants, the best boating & beautiful summer breezes. Our humidity levels here in the greater Sarasota area aren't that bad.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 02:56:41 PM »
The West Coast of Florida is definitely more user friendly than the Gulf Coast of Texas from June through September. Similar to snow birds we have swelter birds who depart for Aspen, Jackson Hole, and San Miguel Allende, among other seasonal climate welcoming sites.