Author Topic: Testing, testing  (Read 3097 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Testing, testing
« on: November 15, 2014, 07:35:43 AM »
No new posts for a day...is this website down.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Testing, testing
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:36:20 AM »
Guess not
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 07:42:31 AM »
I was wondering the same thing. Where is everybody?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ricardo

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 02:10:25 PM »
Ha! LOL. I was one of the last posts a couple days ago, thought I broke something.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 05:10:01 PM »
Present.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »
I went to a gun show today. A Rohrbaugh R9S that was there at the last show (new unfired ) at $1300.00, was now $795.00. I questioned the price drop. I was told that Rohrbaugh was no longer. When I came back 15 mins. later, it was sold, and gone. ( I didn't want it anyway). I had a weird feeling when I left. This forum lately is sterile. Is this the beginning of the end? Apathy is a cold body.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 09:17:13 PM »
Things run in seasons. Ups and downs are the norm, but humans always want to see a constant forward movement. Most things don't work like that and I don't think it would be healthy in the end if it was like that.

I count normal the 100 year chart of the NY stock exchange. Up and downs with slow and steady forward movement.

That being said... Without vision people scatter. I guess if Duane and/or we members decide to not evolve it could perhaps be the beginning of the end.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end IMO. A lot of good chaps on the site.

Thanks again for all of the assistance over the last 9 months or so.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 09:32:57 PM »
I went to a gun show today. A Rohrbaugh R9S that was there at the last show (new unfired ) at $1300.00, was now $795.00. I questioned the price drop. I was told that Rohrbaugh was no longer. When I came back 15 mins. later, it was sold, and gone. ( I didn't want it anyway). I had a weird feeling when I left. This forum lately is sterile. Is this the beginning of the end? Apathy is a cold body.
Must be nice, I've never seen a Rohrbaugh at a gun show around these parts - and we have some fairly large gun shows.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »
I've just been busy with my wife's home health care.  Tomorrow her trach tube is scheduled to be removed.  One day at a time ....
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 03:43:12 PM »
Best wishes to Joyce, and good luck!
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »
The removal of Joyce's tracheostomy tube has now been postponed for evaluation in another week due to some complications believed to be minor.  Two steps forward, one step back . . . .  At least she has passed her swallow test and is finally able to ease toward a regular diet supplemented with continued liquid nutrition by PEG tube.

This nightmare began on March 6 of this year.  We hope to be back to normal by the one-year anniversary.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"